• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's the difference between Adobe ID, community and membership?

Explorer ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,
This is my first post on this community, so I hope I'm in the right place with my question. When I was cleaning my email archive recently, I came across a few emails from Adobe dating from around 2010 that rose some questions, because I'd like to minimize the amout of online accounts, IDs etc. I have. 

I found emails with passwords etc. from the community, my ID and membership. 

[1] To start with the latter: what about that membership?! I don't have a payed membership, so that can't be it.
[2] Do I really need different passwords for all of these 'platforms' so to speak? Or can I throw out a few mails?

But to return to my initial question: what mails should I keep and wich can I throw out?

I'm looking forward to your clarification.

Thanks in advance!

Hieke

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I mean... Of course I know the differences, but I'm asking specifically for the login details AND why I have this membership login, since I don't have a membership...?

(I wanted to edit the original message, but couldn't find how. If there's a way, please let me know!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can click on '... More' but that only gives me a tiny empty box, haha.

I replied to an email from store@adobe.com from 2010 about this, but first nothing happened and after my reminder I received a message saying that address doesn't exist. Hence my forum post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Emails from 2010 are 11 years out of date. I'm not surprised they bounced back. What are you looking for?  What are your concerns?

Membership is not required to access these user-to-user forums.  But your log-in may be the same for both.

If unsure what your status is, log-in to your Adobe Account.

https://account.adobe.com/plans

Free Membership Benefits:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/benefits-creative-cloud-free-membership.html

Paid Creative Cloud Plans:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

Compare Photography Plans:

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/compare-plans.html

System Requirements:

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, tnx 4 the reply.

I have a free plan, like I said in my initial post. My question was/is: why do I have 3 different sets of log-in details and can I ditch the free membership benefits account for instance? I'm trying to minimize the amount of accounts I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2021 Feb 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do I have 3 different sets of log-in details

=============

This is a user-to-user forum.  We don't know what you have or why you have it.  We can't tell you what to do.  You must make that decision yourself.

See link below for details on deleting your Adobe account.  Once you delete an ID, you cannot use it ever again.

https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/delete-adobe-account.html

Hope that helps,

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting tidbit I jsut worked through... I tried to install CS5 on a new laptop, and it would take the password I had for my Adobe Account. Complained it had to be 12 characters or less etc. So I logged into my ACCOUNT, which took my longer password just fine. Was Adobe ID something different from my account? What's going on here? What's the difference between Adobe ID, and Adove Account? bizarre, finally tried shortening my Adobe ACCOUNT password to a mere 12 characters - and lo and behold, that worked as the password for my Adobe ID! So they Adobe Account and ADobe ID ar the same, but the account password can be longer than if you try to use it for the ID passsword... yeah my head hurts too. Basics: they're the same, just a max length of 12 characters if you wnat to use it for your ID. Shame on you Adobe, 12 characters is not secure anymore. Hope that helps someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

GrantHorizons, thanks for your post. Are you referring to the password that needs to be entered to complete an installation for software on Mac OS?

The password requirements for your online Adobe account allow for more than 12 characters. For more information on password requirements, see https://adobe.ly/3SBbZpk. ^JW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Windows. It would NOT take my Adobe ACCOUNT password, which has been over 12 characters since 2011. Changing it to 12 solved the problem. BUT that's VERY POOR on Adobe's part.
  a: 12 characters? Really? Most of my passwords are 20.
 b: Why on earth would anyone think that changing the password requirements to a smaller number and thereby breaking peoples login made any sense whatsoever? Drove me crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong - and it wasn't me, but Adobe.

Not impressed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the field for entering my password to install CS5 was VERY clear that it had to be between 6 and 12 characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this prompt for adobe id (when trying to activate older cs5,cs5.5,cs6 software) is a new "feature" causing a number of issues.  the one you encountered is especially interesting (to me).

anyway, as mentioned, this mess can be avoided by using off-line activation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True - but first, you shouldn't have to, and second not everyone spends a couple of hours browsing for possible issues with activation on a reinstall!
I was installing on a brand new Windows 1 laptop, and the first thing Windows wants is internet access - and this thing only has wireless - so I logged into my network, and away it went. Then I tried to install CS5 - and when I ran into the problem, after much frustration I read about doing it offline. But I shouldn't have to go through that hassle! (And I've been a techie, software instructor and user since DOS 2, so no dummy).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not arguing whether users should have to do one thing or another.  i'm just pointing out the easiest way for others to contend with the "new" security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

understood and agree, and thanks for the input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sure (and congrats on finding your own solution!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for others, you can bypass this by installing/activating offline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines