• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Adobe help with Corona virus pandemic???

Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With MILLIONS of people out of work throughout this pandemic, why isn't Adobe doing anything to help it's loyal subscribers. I haven't had a project to work on in over a month due to closures and as a self-employed freelancer, I cannot collect unemployment. Adobe should allow subscribers to suspend their accounts until they can actually use Adobe apps. Insurance companies are returning premiums for customers that haven't driven in months. Time for Adobe to step up!!!

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 07, 2020 Apr 07, 2020

Cr8tivartz, this is a difficult time for everyone right now.  Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/locked-covid-19-and-subscription-payments/m-p/10997482?page=1 where this topic has been discussed.  

If you are unable to make your current payment, then please contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, Cr8tivartz.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cr8tivartz, this is a difficult time for everyone right now.  Please see https://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/locked-covid-19-and-subscription-payments/m-p/10997482?pa... where this topic has been discussed.  

If you are unable to make your current payment, then please contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html, Cr8tivartz.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Jeff - appreciate you getting back to me but for those of us outwith the Adobe company, life is not quite as simple when dealing when Adobe billing. Cancelling and restarting a subscription is a complete nightmare - the last time I did this I WAS DOUBLE CHARGED FOR MONTHS. It's just not worth the grief!! I'm not looking for free access but the offer of a percentage discount would be appreciated. From the string - I see I am not alone in thinking this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are an individual subscriber and you are having financial issues because of the pandemic, Adobe may waive subscription fees for a couple of months. This is not an official policy and seems to be handled on an individual basis. There is no guarantee that your fees will be waived. You will have to talk to customer care directly and work something out with them. You must already be a subscriber; Adobe is not going to give free or reduced-cost access to all its programs to people who are not customers.

Be aware that because of the pandemic, wait times are far longer than usual due to reduced staff and higher demand. Please be patient with the people to whom you speak. Like you, they are feeling a great deal of stress. A little patience and understanding will go a long way to helping you in your particular situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I haven't had a project to work on in over a month due to closures and as a self-employed freelancer, I cannot collect unemployment."

Do a Google search for self-employed freelancer government stimulus to learn more about what is or soon will be available in your region.  Also look for private and public grant programs. 

Some US States already have unemployment in place for self-employed freelancers.  In some States, you can file a schedule C (profit & loss) statement.  But you have to apply to your own State's unemployment office for guidance.

China is resuming normal activity again.  Soon the rest of the globe will be there too.  Hang in there.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2020 Jun 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could have missed something but I see no support from Adobe to very small design studios during the pandemic. I have been out of work for almost 4 months in the UK (and Adobe must know this through my usage of apps) but have they offered a reduction on monthly costs? - not that I'm aware of. If they have, then can someone please share the link - if not - shame on you Adobe for profiteering (as ever). Would have to say - similarly Office 365. The conglomerates just keep coining it in!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Obviously, if you look at the replies (not officially "Adobe" reps), they're not doing anything proactively. To no surprise, after using Illustrator for the first time in months, I got a message from Adobe basically letting me know I was "active". So, they had to know I was inactive for a few months and still did nothing but collect their fees. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cr8ivartz, I am showing that you have an active Creative Cloud membership, but you have never contacted our support team.  Please be aware that you are currently posting in a public discussion forum and you are not speaking to anyone who can make changes to your account. 

If you are looking for action to be taken to relieve the difficulties that you have faced during this pandemic, then please contact our support team directly at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I can assure you I have an active Creative Cloud membership. rickg@rickgcreative. My point was that Adobe was/is not proactive in offering anything in relief to designers not working during the pandemic and still haven't. The link you posted gives 3 main options: Download and Install, Cancel Your Trial or Subscription and Change Plan. There's nothing related to How can we help?, Put you account on hold or any link to discuss your issue. I read the message from CEO Shantanu Narayen 2 months ago and there was no addressing of how customers that were out of work were going to be helped or supported. Just shallow Covid-19 rhetoric. All I wanted was a way for payment to be stalled or contract extended to make up for 2-3 months of not using Creative Suite due to circumstances out of my control. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies Cr8vitz, I updated my response to remove the word not.  You are correct. You do have an active membership.

There is still zero support cases logged under your account.  If you wish to discuss accomodating your financial situation, then you will need to contact our support team.  Not everyone is in the same circumstances, so no credits were automatically applied.  You will need to speak with our chat team to discover what is available to meet your circumstances.

Please be patient while interacting with our support team as we are also currently affected by the pandemic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers, thanks for that, and I will give it a try but just for once it would be nice to see these big players take a proactive stance similar to the car insurance companies. I'm in and out of Illustrator and Photophop every day creating my own illustrations to alleviate the boredom so they would tell me that I am still active on Creative Cloud I recon Hey ho, worth an email!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Johnt5384671, I am sorry for any continued confusion, but we do not provide support via e-mail you will need to establish a chat session at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html.  Please be prepared for an extended wait as our support team continues to assist you while sheltering in place at home.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff but doubt I'll waste my time. What we are ALL looking for is for Adobe to do something PROACTIVE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And what Jeff is telling you is that Adobe cannot do anything proactive because there are too many variables to take into account. Adobe has no way of knowing what your financial circumstances are.

As I said in my reply above, Adobe is apparently willing to suspend or waive fees for a number of months if you are in financial difficulties because of the pandemic, but you have to contact them to work it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you contacted Adobe Customer Care to explain your circumstances?

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could have missed something but I see no support from Adobe to very small design studios during the pandemic. I have been out of work for almost 4 months (and Adobe must know this through my usage of apps) but have they offered a reduction on monthly costs? - not that I'm aware of. If they have, then can someone please share the link - if not - shame on you Adobe for profiteering (as ever). Would have to say - similarly Office 365. The conglomerates just keep coining it in!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines