• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why ADOBE doesn't need credit/debit card info for downloading free trial versions of their programs

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may be complaining but please listen to my reason. Adobe shouldn't ask for card details for someone to use their trial versions. The trial versions are there for the user to see what it feels like to use the program for the first time. Some users might just want to finish their projects under 2-3 days but cannot afford the real program, so they look up to the free trials. Then when they go see the trails; it would ask for their card details. It doesn't make sense for a free trial program to ask for card details when the user can cancel the subscription in less than 7 days. It can be very troublesome for the person using an Adobe program for videos. Finding another program for editing might just be the best solution (DaVinci Resolve); converting files can cause wasted time and may pose problems. I just wanted to rant about this because I see it as a problem. Free trials shouldn't require card details because you can cancel them anytime (within the limit of the free trial), and it is very bothersome as well.

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

I'm sorry but a 7 day trial is NOT for finishing projects.  It's for people who are seriously contemplating a purchase to see if the apps work OK on their system.  If you don't intend to purchase a Creative Cloud Plan, don't waste time with a trial.  Besides 7 days is not enough time to learn the software.    

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

user16, Hello.
I understand that I do not want to enter a credit card to use the free trial version, but the purpose of the trial version is open for testing purposes and not for people who want to use it for a short period of time.

Commercial use is also prohibited by the terms of service.

Adobe General Terms of Use

3.7 (A) NFR Version is described in Other License Types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry but a 7 day trial is NOT for finishing projects.  It's for people who are seriously contemplating a purchase to see if the apps work OK on their system.  If you don't intend to purchase a Creative Cloud Plan, don't waste time with a trial.  Besides 7 days is not enough time to learn the software.    

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Adobe from the Cigna site even though I have been moving away from Adobe.  First the free version from the Cigna site downloads bloating unneeded software which increases download time and for people who are one measured service it unnecessarily uses their data limits.

And two to remove Adobe and all its downloaded bloated software takes too much clock time and a person’s personal time.  One of the many reasons I have moved away from Adobe.

I clicked on the Cigna site to download Adobe to see if the version it is peddling to commercial partners is the same one, I can download from the web.  It is the same thing.  It has bloating software and it asks for personal information and also asks for credit card to use the product.  No thank you. 

There are too many PDF work arounds that exist today and continue to evolve for me to be giving out credit card information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if whatever site you used is not an authorized reseller, you probably also installed malware.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines