• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can a non-existing email be used when ordering?

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I installed Adobe Illustrator for the first time (what I remember). First I entered an email that was for my client - I thought - but I had misspelled his email, but it worked anyway, I chose a password. Some weeks later I installed the program. In order to do, I had to log in (Creative cloud), but I had forgotten the password. I then created the "missing" email-account (gmail), in order to set a new password. It all worked out well. But, I thought, what if someone else got this "missing" email address before me(?) He/she could have ordered password-change(?)

Greetings Valter on 2020-12-23, Sweden

TOPICS
Account management , Billing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you are correct that If someone had that, Fake for you,  email address they could take control of your account. If they knew you had an account with Adobe. And YOU would still be paying for it.

I suspect Adobe does not care whether you use a Fake email address to create an account. All they care about is if the payment method you used is valid.

The email address and password is only needed to Sign Into the programs and to access your account on Adobe.com.

Whether or not you can get emails that Adobe Might send to you they don't care about that. They will still charge your payment method every month.

The real question is why would you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You input a bad e-mail address without checking with your client first.

How is it that Adobe's fault?  What could Adobe have done any differently?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2020 Dec 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be another problem. You mention the email is for your client. But you must not install for someone else, or share a password or ID. What you subscribe to must be only for you, personally. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Test Screen Name 

Although I agree with you legally.

I see no reason why someone, with authorization from the other person, couldn't or shouldn't take out an Adobe ID and subscribe to a subscription plan for someone else and use that persons name, proper email address and payment method for that other person.

As for installing Adobe software for someone else I bet this is done all the time.

If I was sitting at YOUR computer and YOU asked me to install a piece of software that you had legal right to use who, what, would know it wasn't YOU sitting at YOUR computer doing the install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the feedback from others, Adobe does use a email verification process where you are sent a verification email to the email address provided when creating an Adobe ID. It shouldn't be possible to sign-up for a membership without having completed this process first. Typically, if you create an Adobe ID with an invalid email address you will need to contact Adobe support for assistance changing it to a valid email address as described here: https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/account-password-sign-help.html#cant-access-the-email-addr... in order to use it for a membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So David the OP was stating a falsehood? He could of never actually signed up for a Subscription without first verifying the email address he used?

It has been many years since I got my current Adobe ID (had at least 1 or 2 other over the years of using Adobe software) that I do not remember the process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines