Highlighted

Will I have access to my Creative Cloud files on another account and on a different computer?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Creative Cloud account through work. I am leaving the job (and will not keep the account) but want to save access to some of my files that I have created under the account for my own freelancing purposes.

What is the best way to do this? I will no longer have access to the computer I created the files on. I'm planning on moving the files to my personal computer but want to make sure that I have full access to them on another computer with a different Creative Cloud account. 

Does anyone have insight or experience with this? Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

No.  When your seat is eliminated, you will NOT have access to any of your Creative Cloud files because they are owned by your employer, not you.  Ask your employer if you can copy files to a flash drive and take them with you.

Topics

Account management, CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Will I have access to my Creative Cloud files on another account and on a different computer?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a Creative Cloud account through work. I am leaving the job (and will not keep the account) but want to save access to some of my files that I have created under the account for my own freelancing purposes.

What is the best way to do this? I will no longer have access to the computer I created the files on. I'm planning on moving the files to my personal computer but want to make sure that I have full access to them on another computer with a different Creative Cloud account. 

Does anyone have insight or experience with this? Thank you!

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Nancy_OShea | Adobe Community Professional

No.  When your seat is eliminated, you will NOT have access to any of your Creative Cloud files because they are owned by your employer, not you.  Ask your employer if you can copy files to a flash drive and take them with you.

Topics

Account management, CC FAQ, Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy is correct. You need to talk to the employer and ask if you can have a copy of them.

To actually access them, if the company allows you to have a copy of them, you will need to subscription plan to download and install Adobe programs.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually that's not my question. I am referring to files that are not owned by the company but by me.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who pays for your Creative Cloud plan -- you or your employer?

If your employer pays for the plan, they own the cloud files.   If you pay for the plan, you own the files.   When a plan is cancelled, cloud access is also cancelled. 

Nancy O'Shea, ACP
Alt-Web.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy,

My employer allowed me to use the account to create my own freelancing files and is fine for me to keep and use them. This has already been arranged. My question is not regarding ownership of files but the technical nature of Creative Cloud. I would appreciate a helpful reply to my question and not a lecture that fails to address my concern.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines