• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will my education license work with Lightroom Mobile and Photoshop for iPad?

Engaged ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an education license.

1. Lightroom mobile shows that I have a trial subscription. Is this just for syncing with the cloud or is it going to be unusable after the subscription expires? Is there a way to edit photos from the local storage or off of an SD card with my subscription?

2. Will Photoshop for iPad work with my .edu license?

3. If not, Is there any other way to get these apps working with my account? An extra fee, etc.?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe only offers student/teacher subscriptions for All Apps, which includes everything that Creative Cloud offers (all tools & services).

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html?plan=edu

So yes, your education license will include both of those tools, as well as all others... Just make sure you are logged in with the same email address and password that you used to purchase your membership.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thing is, the education license did not previously offer all of the same features as the commercial license. As an example, with previous versions you could not synch photos to Lightroom Mobile and you were not able to synch presets to Lightroom Mobile with the education version. Hoping that may have changed? That is why it shows me as having a trial version even though I am logged in with my account that I use for my education license. So I am ultimately trying to figure out if I will be able to continue using it and if there is a way to use it with an SD card instead of synching photos and if I can somehow use presets from my desktop on the mobile app with my license when my trial expires?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello again Kat,

AFAIK, there's never been any difference in the tools & services provided to an educational customer vs. a commercial one... For instance, see this older post:

What Are the Limitations of the Adobe Student & Teacher Versions?

There may have been differences in the licensing terms over the years, but nothing that would affect how the software itself works.

So there is likely another explanation for what you describe. Make sure you are using the same Adobe ID email/login that you paid for, and try signing out & back in again, rebooting, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines