• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong Email address to log into Creative Cloud Desktop, How do i switch to my email address?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong Email address to log into Creative Cloud Desktop, How do i switch to my email address?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Hi Hendy20,

If you are not able to proceed to the sign out step trough the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager, please follow the steps below then :

Delete the OPM.db file :

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

3. Delete the opm.db file.
  4. Launch Creative Cloud.

If you are not able to find that file, please check the following link, that may be because your library is hidden.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what if I'm using Windows 7 I can't find any opm.db nor OOBE file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 11, 2014 Oct 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can go to C\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE

If you do not see AppData under your user name then you can Click on Start and type %localappdata% , It will open Local folder then you can go to Adobe/OOBE

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2015 Apr 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TNX BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't delete my opm.db file.

plz help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2015 May 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi yahye,

Make sure you close creative cloud process.

For windows check Task Manager --> Processes

For MAC check Activity Monitor.

Close all the Creative cloud processes and then try to remove opm.db

Thanks,

Nikhil Gupta

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2016 Sep 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SORRY,but i cant delete that file because it says "file still open" what to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2016 Oct 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you need to go to task manager (ctrl+alt+supr) then close all adobe processes and try again to deleted the opm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open task manager by right clicking on the taskbar and clicking task manager. go to details and select a task that is by adobe then click end task. do this for all the services that are listed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, it helped a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Nikhil it worked!I owe my grades xD Adobe Indesign here I come!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 13, 2014 Oct 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Glad to know it worked.

Cheers,

Nikhil Gupta.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi i dont find the opm.db file in my oobe folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2014 Oct 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had the same problem and I couldn't find any possible answers. However, I right clicked on the big blue button above "resend email" -- can't exactly remember if it said "check and continue". Then it allowed me to sign in with another account.

I hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SOLUTION:

Mac: Go to Task Monitor

Windows: Go to Task Manager

...and close/kill every task associated to Adobe (most of them start with word "Adobe")

Only when you close all Adobe related apps, you can proceed to remove adobe files from application folder. 

```

1. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Windows: [System drive]:\Users\[user name]\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE
  2. Delete the opm.db file.
  3. Launch the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

```

That worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2014 Dec 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now its not there anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2015 Apr 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing is working for me. I have deleted the files and reinstalled everything. It wont let me log out either. What can I do? (I'm on windows 7)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I deleted these documents and Creative Cloud still wants me to confirm the e-Mail I typed wrong... I'm using Mac can someone help me? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2015 Apr 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any further information on this?  Have followed every step above and it will not allow me to change email addresses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2015 Apr 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please let me know your Adobe ID with which you are trying to log in to Creative Cloud. Please send the Adobe ID by personal messaging.

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2015 May 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help, I have uninstalled creative cloud multiple times and still have this problem I tried  all the above solutions but none work.

Gyazo - f009991850a901f0a7879d4bc93f3467.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. Just can not sing into creative cloud.  I sign in and it says "You are signed out"  Sign-in

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Timothy Kavulla, I think you can follow Error: You are no longer signed in to Creative Cloud applications

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I had the same issue, autocorrect changed the first letter in my signup email - but I never noticed until I was locked out with the "verify email screen", both desktop and browser. None of the suggestions here fixed the issue, but what finally did was doing all of the following: canceling the wrongly entered account - registering the new correct account - close the creative cloud desktop app (of course) - signing in at adobe.com - goto accounts - download something you had not downloaded with the incorrect account - that automatically caused the old account to be logged out of the creative cloud desktop app and now asked me to login (presumably because the old account no longer had cloud privileges) - done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have a similar problem, but slightly different. I created an account accidentally with a wrong email address a while ago, and never purchased the products. Now that I created a new account and acquired the adobe suite, everytime I open de Creative Cloud Application it automatically tries to log in with the previous account! I can't find a "log in with a new user" option.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

Santiago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines