• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong Email address to log into Creative Cloud Desktop, How do i switch to my email address?

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2014 Apr 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wrong Email address to log into Creative Cloud Desktop, How do i switch to my email address?

TOPICS
Account management

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2014 Jun 10, 2014

Hi Hendy20,

If you are not able to proceed to the sign out step trough the Creative Cloud Desktop Manager, please follow the steps below then :

Delete the OPM.db file :

1. Close the Creative Cloud application.
  2. Navigate to the OOBE folder.
    Mac OS: /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

3. Delete the opm.db file.
  4. Launch Creative Cloud.

If you are not able to find that file, please check the following link, that may be because your library is hidden.

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/access-hidden-user-library-files.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2015 Jun 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried to sign out & sign back in from the preferences.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/sign-in-out-activate-apps.html

Regards

Rajshree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2015 Aug 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ive tried unistalling. Ive tried looking for OOBE. Ive tried chat help. Ive tried clicking in the settings button. nothing works. Please help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Users\[yourusername]\AppData\Local\Adobe\

Delete the OOBE Folder

If you don't see the AppData folder press windows key and r. then enter %localappdata%

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 19, 2015 Aug 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! When I Try To It Says In Use Cant Delete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, this has been bothering me for several days and after checking so many posts to finally find a solution!

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

I guess the only way is to download the creative cloud cleaner and i just tried and it worked perfectly!

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just works! Thank you very much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 16, 2015 Sep 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what about for windows users?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2015 Sep 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to do it on Windows x64?? plsae answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are hidden folders : you can follow this to find the hidden folder : Show hidden files - Windows Help

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2015 Oct 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are both Windows & Mac process to access the hidden files :

Show hidden files - Windows Help

Access hidden user library files | Mac OS 10.7 and later

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 09, 2015 Oct 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I signed up for Adobe with the wrong email address and was plagued for days because the Creative Cloud wanted me to confirm an email address that didn't exist! I wasn't able to change my email sign in, so here's what I did:

Followed the directions above to delete the OPM.db file (however my trash wouldn't delete the file because it said it was "in use") so I had to search for the Creative Cloud Uninstaller and uninstalled Adobe from my computer. After this I returned to my trash and deleted the OPM.db file, then I returned to the webpage log in and when I began downloading my App it allowed me to reenter my new email address.

Let me tell you, I can't believe this was such a complicated process... but being that I don't know computers that well I didn't know that MAC hides folders so users don't accidentally delete things. As far a Adobe goes I think when they have you sign up they should confirm your email address so you don't accidentally add a character and have to deal with this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2016 May 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try go offline and then go to preference to log out. worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2016 Sep 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm on a pc. can you please tell me how to do it on a pc? iit wold really help! thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work... Every time I download the creative cloud again, it wants me to confirm the other email adress... So I pay for Photoshop, Lightroom etc. and can't use it, because you NEED that creative cloud thing...

So please tell me how I'm able to log in with my correct email adress!

I deleted EVERYTHING that says adobe from my mac, and still when I download it again (from my adobe account, with the correct email adress) and the cloud thing opens, it still says I need to verify that other email adress..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2016 Nov 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked perfectly for me, thank you!! The only thing that was different from the instructions is that I had to do more than just quit the Creative Cloud app and then relaunch it. I am not sure which of the following things I did is the reason it finally worked, but after following the instructions to quit, delete the file, and then relaunch didn't work, I restarted the computer, uninstalled the Creative Cloud, and then reinstalled it (checking before reinstalling it that that file was still gone -- it had come back, so I deleted it again before reinstalling). Overly complicated and I know should have done it one step at a time (restarting then trying, then if that didn't work, uninstalling/reinstalling), but I thought I'd share just in case anyone else doesn't have success with the quit/relaunch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried every single thing in this forum, none of them worked, its been twodays

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2017 Jan 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone create a religion to praise this man. Saved my final project

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2017 May 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did this. It didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find that when you are trying to delete the file on windows, an error may pop up saying that it can't delete it due to the creative cloud application still running in the background. Try opening the application and click the settings icon at the top right and quit. If you still cannot delete the application, simply press ' ctrl, alt, r ' this should restart the application, so when you try opening creative cloud it would say repair. close that and delete the opm file and then go back and repair. if you are unsure how to delete the file on windows, use the following:

Go to the windows icon at the bottom left (start)>Right click>Run>type %%appdata%% >ok>local>adobe>OOBE

*Then delete the opm file*

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2017 Oct 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

2017 and it still seems like this is an issue.  WOW.  For some random reason, Adobe CC App decided to use an email address I haven't used in almost 20 years out of the blue.  Can't delete the file with your directions because the app has changed.  All I want to do is update the new photoshop so I can get the new brushes.  I can open and use PS just fine, but the app is on the "verify your email" starting page. Window 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was a very frustrating process going through this thread and working out the actual process seeing there were bits here and bits there.  Here are the steps that worked for me.  I'm on a mac.

With Creative Cloud active

Launch Terminal

type chflags nohidden ~/Library

Close terminal

Open a NEW finder window

Navigate to /Users/[user name]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE

Find the opm.db file and drag it into the trash

Empty the trash

Open Creative Cloud

Press Command + Option + R at the same time to reboot creative cloud

When it reboots you should (hopefully!!!) have the option to log in using the correct login credentials.

Have a party/wine/sigh of relief/happy dance

Get back to work.  Finally.

Hope this has helped someone!

Adobe - its pretty crazy that this is a known issue and still hasn't been rectified for years.  I eventually got it working after wasting over an hour on the task trying different permutations of whatever anyone suggested in this thread.  I've been using Adobe products since version 2, and can't recall being as frustrated as I have been trying to trouble shoot this seemingly easy problem.  This could all be fixed by adding an option to the menu that exists when you are in stuck signed into an old or nonexistent account that takes you to an option to change the login credentials much like you have within the individual software products.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2020 Mar 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You my friend, are a true hero! Thanks for this tip, it worked! 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It said that I can't delete that file because it is running in adobe cc despite that it's not running in the task manager.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still didnt work plz help i have a youtube career nd i need this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines