• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 similar fillable PDF forms...one works on MAC not PC, the other works on PC not MAC. Help?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 01, 2019 Feb 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 similar fillable PDF forms from 2 different people.  One uses MAC, one PC...both using Adobe Acrobat.  When I test on my MAC, the one created on a MAC calculates fine...the one created on PC does not calculate.  My PC friend has the opposite problem.  The one created on PC works fine on his PC, but the one created on a MAC does not calculate. 

I'm attaching screen shots from opening on my MacBook in Acrobat to show the issue from my end.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thank you,

Rick

PDF-FORM-ISSUES.jpg

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you open the file using Apple Preview at any point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried both using Apple Preview and neither form worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What try67 is implying, but was brief about is that Apple Preview corrupts Acrobat forms. So a good form just opened once in Apple Preview becomes corrupt. You must set your Apple device NEVER open with Preview only with Acrobat Reader, if you intend to use forms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to find out the cause for this issue before giving an advice, to make sure it's relevant. That advice is don't use Preview, at all costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had never opened the PDFs in Preview when I originally tested.  I opened strictly in Acrobat when I discovered the issue.  So, not sure if something else is wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2019 Feb 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have some memory of there being issues with forms in drop-box folder… is the folder for the PDF on the local device and not a folder that is being synced?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines