Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

64-bit version of professional lifetime license Adobe Acrobat Professional

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am trying to reinstall my product Adobe Acrobat DC Pro, bought in 2020. My license says I have Acrobat Professional, however on the web there is a Acrobat Pro 2020 installer (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html), the question is, first, are these products the same? My version of the product is a perpetual|lifetime license. 

More importantly, I would like to have the same product, but for 64-bit machine that I have (the installer is for 32-bit as if we are in somewhere in 2000s), for better performance. I found this https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html here, but this version (even though sounds the same) turns out that I cannot register with the license I bought. Is there a 64-bit installer that could be used with my perpetual license? If not, will or might it be available in the near future? And if so, what can I do to finally have 64-bit version of professional lifetime license Adobe Acrobat Professional? 

Thanks for help. 

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DC is not a perpetual license, but subscription-based. What you have is more likely Acrobat 2020, not Acrobat DC.

There's only a 32-bit version available currently for Acrobat 2020. Whether there will be a 64-bit version only Adobe knows, and they haven't yet disclosed it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2023 Jan 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's only a 32-bit version available currently for Acrobat 2020. Whether there will be a 64-bit version only Adobe knows, and they haven't yet disclosed it.

By @try67

Thanks! It is true that for most of my needs 32-bit version is fine, but there are situations when you would want an even faster software. I am, however, not sure to what extent it would really be faster just based on this factor alone. It is just puzzling that in 2023 when most other companies have come up with and are offering 64-bit versions, Adobe is still having it only for cloud users or whatnot. This is afterall some over 100Bn company. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, they are not the same, though they are similar. The perpetual license versions of Acrobat are effectively a frozen version of Acrobat. Getting new features will be a paid upgrade, as for other perpetual apps. 64-bit Acrobat is a new feature. There is no sign there will EVER be another perpetual Acrobat, we don't know. But why do you care about 64-bit Acrobat. It has no advantages. Performance is absolutely identical, I don't know where the myth that 64-bit apps run faster comes from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But why do you care about 64-bit Acrobat. It has no advantages. Performance is absolutely identical, I don't know where the myth that 64-bit apps run faster comes from.

By @Test Screen Name

I do not know either, but so far there is a limited way to check that "myth", unless of course you are a subscription based user. Anyhow, appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What better performance do you expect from a 64-bit version? There's no such thing in 99 % of the cases since working with most of the PDF files won't even scratch on the memory boundaries of what a 32 bit application can offer. If you're not dealing with ultra complex PDFs with thousands of pages, layers or objects you're still fine with 32 bit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but "thousands of pages" is not an unheard of a task and one might want to get the most out there is out of software in 2023. But generally agreed. Thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But it isn't faster. That's not why you might want 64-bit. There's a general belief that 64-bit must be faster because marketing people use this to sell upgrades (when they have nothing else to say). 64-bit Acrobat goes at exactly the same speed as 32-bit, there is no reason why it could possibly be faster. As a programmer I can say, things don't work that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines