• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

A4 default is the wrong size

New Here ,
Apr 07, 2008 Apr 07, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I print from Word to PDF the page settings are lost, I've tried all the various suggestions on the FAQ's on both Adobe and Microsoft as well as on this forum but no joy, the pages are over running. However, I have discovered that the default page size for A4 in Acrobat is different from everything else. Acrobat has it sized at 21.59 x 27.94 whilst everywhere else it's sized at 21 x 29.7. I have created a custom size (both page size and distiller settings) for the correct dimensions but it's still printing short and narrow. Any suggestions most welcome.
We're using Adobe Acrobat Standard Version 7.0.9, MS Office 2003 & windows XP Pro if that helps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2009 Jan 19, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had a problem in Excel 2003 printing or converting to PDF - Acrobat settings were set to A4, but the resulting PDF was not A4, it was shorter and wider (i don't think it was even Letter).

Basically the output paper size was wrong.

I disabled (uncheck) the "Allow A4/Letter paper resizing" option under Tools - Options - International

When i printed the spreadsheet again it was OK :)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here we go again, i got the same problem but now Microsoft Office 2007 has hidden this option. Does anyone know where it went?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 04, 2010 May 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try going to the Windows button in WORD 2007 and selecting options at the bottom of the window. That is where all of the settings got moved in WORD 2007.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2011 Sep 21, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although this is an old thread, I ran into exactly the same issue with Word 2010 and Distiller 10. All settings in Distiller, properties, Word page properties, print options pointed to Letter size paper, but when printed to PDF the page was coming out as A4. Other applications seemed to print correct Letter size.

The solution that worked was to change the change Word properties. In Word 2010 the setting can be found under:

File -> Options. Pick the Advanced item on the left pane, scroll down to Print section and uncheck the "Scale content for A4 or 8.5 x 11 paper sizes" option.

Hope it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Oct 11, 2011 Oct 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That was exactly the information I needed for a colleague; using FrameMaker or LibreOffice, I hadn't hit this particular problem. Hapless colleague, obliged to work with Word 2010, was going hairless ... until he asked me, and a quick search turned up this post. Result: one happy (or at least happier) colleague.  Niels Grundtvig Nielsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines