Exit

Accès refusé à un fichier

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, J'essaie d'ouvrir un fichier et le message suivant s'affiche:

''Une erreur est survenue lors de l'ouverture de ce document. Accès refusé''

Comment puis-je avoir accès à mon document?

Merci

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021
Hi Amal and thank you very much for your help,

It's not password protected or a share network. But, lucky me, I just found a copy of the same doc. elsewhere on my PC and that one works, so I replaced the faulty one.

Thank's again

Frannick

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Hi Amal,

This didn't solve the problem but I found a solution.

Since these files could be opened on other PDF software, I assumed the problem was with the file name encoding. So I found a solution to re-encode file names:

- I copied these files from the system partition (NTFS formatted) to an extFAT formatted partition.
- Then I copied the files back to their original location.

--->>> All files can be opened now.

I think it should also work with a FAT or FAT32 partition.

Sincerely

Edmond

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frannick

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to open the PDF file and getting the error 'An error occurred while opening this document. Access denied'

- Is the PDF file password protected? If yes, please enter the password to open the PDF file.

- If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer first and then try to open it with Adobe Acrobat/Reader DC

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Edit > preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' Turn off the Protected mode and Uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

If turning off the security works for you, please try to add the file and the folder to Adobe Acrobat. Go to Edit > preferences > Enhanced Security > Add file and Add Folder > Click OK and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal and thank you very much for your help,

It's not password protected or a share network. But, lucky me, I just found a copy of the same doc. elsewhere on my PC and that one works, so I replaced the faulty one.

Thank's again

Frannick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I would like to thank you too because I had the same problem, I came across your post which allowed me to resolve it.

Thanks

Sincerely

Bad748569

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have the same problem on certain files. The problem only occurs with files whose name is encoded with an 8+3 filename (short filename).

The same files open without problem with other software (recent or old).

For information I am on Windows 11.

Regards

Edmond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As described, the problem only occurs with files whose name is encoded with an 8+3 filename (short filename). Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing and see if that works.  Go to Preferences (Ctrl,Cmd+K) > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

Let us know how it goes.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Amal,

This didn't solve the problem but I found a solution.

Since these files could be opened on other PDF software, I assumed the problem was with the file name encoding. So I found a solution to re-encode file names:

- I copied these files from the system partition (NTFS formatted) to an extFAT formatted partition.
- Then I copied the files back to their original location.

--->>> All files can be opened now.

I think it should also work with a FAT or FAT32 partition.

Sincerely

Edmond

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines