Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.


Accessibility Tagged Annotations marked as errors in Accessibility Checker but not in search

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got a 73-page document with a lot of internal links (ToC, etc.). When I run the accessibility checker, one of the links shows as not being tagged. However, once I fix that link (by using Find --> Unmarked Annotations), on running the check again, all 158 links show as not being tagged. However, when using the Find--> Unmarked Annotations function, nothing comes up. When checking the Content panel, the links show there but come up as not found in the tags panel. I therefore cannot add new object tags to any of these supposed unmarked annotations. I've tried deleting the existing object tags (they all have one except for the original link that shows as an error; sometimes Acrobat lets me delete these and sometimes it won't), deleting the link tags (it will let me delete the whole link tag if I can't delete the object tag) and creating new ones, and changing all the link tags to paragraphs and back again. Nothing has worked. I still can't get the find function to identify the links as untagged and allow me to create new object tags.

 

The document was originally created in Word and converted to PDF. How can I fix this when Acrobat thinks there are errors on one side but no errors on the other?

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

101

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Using the "Find Unmarked Annotations" feature is useful but not perfect as it will tag the link but often put it in the wrong location in the tag structure. I'd sift through your tags and I think you'll eventually find them. When you do, make sure that the Link OBJR object is in a <Link> tag and then put the text contents for the link inside of that tag as well. That should resolve your issue. Another option is to create the links in Word. They will carry over to the PDF very well and it will be repeatable each time you create a new PDF from that Word file.

Likes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines