• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Accidentally created a new Adobe account and now it wants me to buy Adobe all over again

New Here ,
Aug 03, 2022 Aug 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night, I changed my google/gmail password, which may or may not be relevant to my Adobe problem. I didn't think it would affect my Adobe account, but Adobe asked me to sign in (which never happens) when I tried to use Acrobat DC. I typed in an email address and my password but it was my other email address and I ended up accidentally creating a new Adobe account. Now when I try to use Acrobat, it asks me to either buy Acrobat or start my free trial. I tried signing into my old (paid) account on the Adobe website, but opening a pdf still brings up the window where I have to choose either "start free trial" or "buy" or "Quit Adobe." There is no option to sign out and no option to sign in with a different account. 

I have tried restarting my computer and it doesn't help. I tried closing all Adobe applications using the Task Manager, but there are some that don't seem to respond to "end task."

Thank you!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doris,

Sorry to hear about your experience. 

There is no need to worry if you have accidentally created a new account using another email address. As long as you haven't made changes to the existing account, your subscription activation shouldn't have any problem.

Now when I try to use Acrobat, it asks me to either buy Acrobat or start my free trial. I tried signing into my old (paid) account on the Adobe website, but opening a pdf still brings up the window where I have to choose either "start free trial" or "buy" or "Quit Adobe." There is no option to sign out and no option to sign in with a different account. 

From the above details, what we understood is that you are unable to sign out from the Adobe Acrobat desktop application. 

Signing into the Adobe website would not be sufficient. You must also sign in to the application with the correct email (under which you have a subscription) address.

• Open Adobe Acrobat DC desktop application.
  • Click on the profile icon available in the upper right corner. 

AkanchhaS_0-1659638411785.png

• Sign Out
  • Sign In back with right email

Let us know if it still doesn't help.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! I couldn't find a profile button in the upper right corner. It just showed my email address in the upper right corner. I went through each screen as it asked me to sign up for a free trial and every screen was the same - no profile button. So when I got to a screen that asked for my credit card information (and still no profile button), I started a chat with Adobe and the Adobe agent told me to open the Creative Commons app amd sign in with the correct account, and that fixed it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines