• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acobat does not start on Windows 11

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2023 Feb 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I will forewarn anyone - that this app is no longer useable on Windows 11. As it stands, I went through a 2.5 hour session with a technical support member of the adobe staff (mind you, 2.5 hours is a LARGE CHUNK OF MY DAY and I manage 3 companies and have a family, this is outrageous) only for the problem to come back a week later.

Adobe won't start on Windows 11. It will freeze upon loading, then when you try to open it again, it pops up the “adobe verification login” window, but it's greyed out like it's loading, for only a split second - then it disappears and closes the program. So the verification program that pops up, is the thing that crashes the program. It's an endless loop, it boots the software, then tries to load the login for me to sign into adobe, and the login portal crashes immediately, closing the software.

I haven't been able to use the acrobat I pay for monthly now for over a month. I would unsubscribe if I didn't need other apps in their cloud platform. But I've since moved onto another pdf reader program.

GOOD LUCK to anyone who chooses Adobe for your products on Windows 11 - just like every other major tech company, they don't pay any attention to keeping their existing software functionining, and instead spend their money on bonus checks to their executives and further beta programs to appeal to the mass market.

[moderator cured topics. Please do not select inaccurate topics. The moderator also changed the subject to something useful. Was: “Thoroughly Disappointed (Adobe Acrobat) - WARNING DON'T FALL FOR IT”]

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat runs on Windows 11. But there may be problems on one or the other machines.

I have 2 computers under Windows 10. Not the same machines, but they are near enough. One has Windows Explorer running after a restart at 100% for several minutes. Impossible to open a file. I use Bridge, when I want to navigate somewhere on my disk. This said to tell you, that small changes may have a big impact.

This doesn't help you, but it straightens your rant a bit. There may be a bug preventing Acrobat to running on Windows 11, but believe me, the fora would be too small if every user had issues.

As a side note: My wife is using on her Windows 11 computers Acrobat DC Pro without an issue.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Running Acrobat 2022.003.20322 on a handful of Windows 10 and 11 computers — both workstations and laptops, old and new.

Have had no problems launching the software, no crashing, and can open and use PDF files.

So that we can help, can you tell us:

• What version of Windows you're using and the build. See screen capture from system settings dialogue.
    WIndows OS.png

• Also, which version of Adobe Acrobat you're using.
  • Is it Acrobat Reader, Standard, or Pro.
  • And need its version and build numbers, too.

|    Bevi Chagnon   |  Designer & Technologist for Accessible Documents
|    Classes & Books for Accessible InDesign, PDFs & MS Office |

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines