• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 2020 Pro - Please Wait - can't fix after searching forum

New Here ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently paid and downloaded Adobe Acrobat Pro 2020 because I was getting the "please wait... If this message is not eventually replced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document." through Acrobat reader.

Needless to say, after spending the money, I'm still getting this same message in Pro.  I have searched this forum and the web for solutions and all it says is to download acrobat reader, which doesn't work. I've also gone into prefernces and turned off "enable assistive technology support" and this also didn't work.

I'm very frustrated as I need to edit this document and return it and I don't know what to do next.

Any help is appreciated!

Josh 

TOPICS
Modern Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Are you able to share the document ( or a document) that shows the problem, this is normally shown when the PDF file contains something that cannot be shown for a specific reason such as "JavaScript is turned off".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the file, however it happens to other .pdf files as well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This file was saved incorrectly. When this message appears it means the file was created using LiveCycle Designer, and someone tried to open it in an application that doesn't support this special type of PDF files. Instead of saving the original file they then used the "Save As PDF" command (or something similar) in their browser, and the result is that the error message got saved, instead of the original file's contents.

There's no way to fix this file, other then to go back to the original link, and save it again.

If you do that you could open it in any version of Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I ended up just finding the .pdf version that wasn't open for editing and used Acrobat 2020 to add in fields.  Your help is appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines