Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 5.05 reports not enough space to save

Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

1. I had a crash and created new WIN 10 and have to reinstall programs.

I have a cd with version 5.05 (no activationn requ.)

The installation worked fine, I was able to do all sorts of changes to the jpg but it won't save it bnecause there would be no space. This is nonsense in my PC, there is much space! Chnanging the title or the drive does not help either.

I have done this installation successfull many timesd in the past.

What could be th reason for this fake report?

2. Next I tried to install Acrobat Reader - however it forced me to deinstall above Acrobat 5.05 first.

How can I prevent this?

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You can't expect a 20+ year old version (maybe more) to work on a current OS without any issues. I'm surprised you were able to install and run it at all... It's time to get a new version.

2. You can't do that, either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understand.

On my crashed system I had ADOBE Acrobat XI Pro. I bought over the years all the versoins following 5.05 including  7.0 Pro  (where I have also a CD which can't be activated any longer) and the emails are lost as well.

I also had Adobe Photoshop 7.0 and it reports ?? when it should save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have XI then you should try that version. It's also old and unsupported, but it has a much better chance of working than version 5... To increase the chances of it working properly make sure you have all updates installed (up to 11.0.23) and run it in Compatibility Mode with an earlier OS, like Windows 7.

Updates are available here:
ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/acrobat/win/11.x/
You must use a dedicated FTP client to open the link, it won't work in most browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here the error report.

The crashed sysytem was WIN10 also and Photoshop 7.0 worked excellently!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the meanttime I maaged to get access to my faulty system where I have Acrobat XI Pro installed. The system is extremely slow so I can't use it any longer.

How can I deactivate XI Pro, get the licence data and install it on my new system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you registered XI, the serial number should show in your Adobe account. Acrobat won't directly tell you it's serial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deactivation can be done via the Help menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks.

Which Acrobat versions can no longer be activated?

8, 9, 10, 11?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

8 is disabled for sure. 9 might be now (as CS6 was recently disabled). We saw reports about issues with later versions, but I believe their activations servers are still active, at least for the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines