• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 6.0 and Windows 7 - is there a PDF printer driver available?

Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I have been using Acrobat 6.0 with Windows XP fine. However, I just got a new computer that has Windows 7.
I installed Acrobat 6.0 but cannot now convert any documents to PDF on this new computer. I get this error--
"The PDF maker cannot find the Adobe PDF printer driver and to reinstall Adobe Acrobat 6.0"
However, reinstalling Acrobat 6.0 does not help, nor does the repair feature.
Is There a patch for this product? Can I download a driver for the PDF printer so that it is compatible with Windows 7?
Thanks for any help you can provide.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 26, 2009 Oct 26, 2009

The point is this, you will be lucky if AA6 will install on Win7. For VISTA, a few folks got AA7 to work, but the first certified version was AA8.1.3. The main culprit may be AcroTray with VISTA and Win7. You may be able to use AA6. If the print to the Adobe PDF printer does not work, then try the printer with the print-to-file selected. Then open the file in Distiller. That may work. I am not sure that anyone has indicated any success with AA6 on these newer systems, but with your constraints t

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2011 Aug 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good post. and nice dicussion!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2011 Sep 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This discussion couple years old but I got Acrobat 6.0 to run on Windows 7. First installed Adobe Photoshop Elements 7 then installed Acrobat 6.0 ignoring compatibility issues and it runs successfully. Installing other versions of Photoshop first may also let Acrobat work. Photoshop must provide some of the missing drivers or routines needed by Acrobat 6.0 to operate on Windows 7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using the Canon Laserbase MF3220 driver on Win 10 64bit ,, it runs smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines