• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 64-bit Unified Installer and Shared Device License Compatibility with Reduced Mode

New Here ,
Aug 29, 2022 Aug 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want to deploy the Acrobat 64-Bit Unified install in our computer labs with the option to run in reduced mode deployment activated so users don't have to login in to use it like Adobe Reader. However we also have Shared Device Licensing enabled as these are shared lab computers, but this seems to force login to launch. Are these two features incompatible with each other? Is there a way to get what we want without disabling Shared Device Licensing?

Thanks!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Deploying Acrobat 64-bit in reduced mode is a great advantage. however we are currently stuck with one some issue. when deployed in reduced mode. the application is still showing as Acrobat STD / PRO (based on the installer selected). i think this will confuse the users.

wish Adobe can come with a solution to resolve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this? 

We were told by our Adobe sales rep (through CDW) that we could do exactly what you're referring to, install Adobe Acrobat on our computers and use it as a reader.  We were told this would eliminate the need to install both Adobe Reader and Adobe Acrobat for our end users, consolidating them into one tool and simply let the license determine what features are available. 

So Adobe Acrobat intially launches in Reader Mode and can be used only in this mode (reduced feature mode.)  However, if the end user signs in (and they have a license assigned) they can use the full features within Adobe Acrobat.

I'm trying to get our installation to reflect the above.  I've created an .mst file with the Adobe Customization Wizard, making sure that "Supress sign-in in Acrobat" is ticked (enabled.)  However, this seems to have no affect.

After installation, when Adboe is launched, the end user is prompted with a pop-up screen to sign into Adobe.  If they click the "X" to close the pop-up, it also shuts down Adobe. 

In our case, if the user hasn't been assigned a license, they in turn can't sign into Adobe, which means they can't use Adobe Acrobat in Reader Mode because it just closes down when they don't sign in.  We in turn then need to install Adobe Reader on their computer, essentially getting back to what we didn't want to do which is supporting two Adobe products on our comptuers.  (Some of our users have .pdf documents that require Adobe Reader to view/fill out vs. using Chrome/Edge.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I still struggling with this?  Just make an Acrobat installer that

1) with no login it acts like Reader  

2) with a Standard login it acts like Standard and  

3) with a Pro login it acts like Pro 

I mean is this really too much to ask? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this was an old post but I just wanted to mention that it is possible to have the OP's desired effect but you have to customize your installation using the Acrobat Customization Wizard to create an MST with the modification.

Use the option to "Suppress sign-in in Acrobat" in the Installation Options of the wizard at the buttom. You can also use the wizard to make other changes to the installation at that time. You can either use the MST with the TRANSFORMS MSI switch when installing from MSI or just run setup.exe since the Customization Wizard modifies the setup.ini to call the MST when installing.

See https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Wizard/deployment.html for more info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines