• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 printing problems

New Here ,
Dec 30, 2006 Dec 30, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duplex printing of a pdf file on either an hp 1320n or hp4300n, with OS X 10.4.8. Using several pdf fIles with odd number of pages, the last (odd) page is printed backwards and upside down. Every time.
If I print just the last page, it is printed backwards and upside down.
If I quit Acrobat 8, launch A8, and then print the last page, it prints correctly. This would seem to eliminate the printing subsystem.

single (no duplex printing) printing, two pages per page (print dialog box option), of a pdf file. First page (original first/second page) prints OK, subsequent pages printed backwards and upside down. (Also after a relaunch of A8).

MacBook Pro 17, OS X 10.4.8, 2G RAM, A8 version 8.0.0 (initial release)
What is going on? Can anyone repeat this behavior?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 136 Replies 136
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2007 Jan 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recommend updating Acrobat 8;

Double-check Printer settings from within Adobe Print dialog and make sure there are no additional settings in the Printer dialog that may conflict with settings in the Adobe print dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2007 Jan 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just talked to Adobe Technical support for 30+ minutes. Great guys, BTW... He said that Acrobat 8 doesn't work on OS X, 10.3.X. I'm running 10.4.8. I think 10.4.X is the Intel release.

He suggested installing new printer drivers. I went to HP.com, installed the new Universal Binary drivers, rebooted, just in case, but no luck. Same, odd printing behavior. There are no updates to Acrobat 8 yet. This looks like a bug, and a patch to A8 will be coming.

The A8, Help/Check for Updates... menu item will do the checking & download, when a patch is released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2007 Jan 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem printing from a new MacBook Pro 10.4.8 to a HP2605dn. Whenever I print PDFs from A8, the entire printed area prints a red background underneath the text or graphics. Also, the last page prints reversed (mirror image). The weird thing is when I print the same file from Apple Preview, it prints correctly. All other apps print correctly, so I suspect it's an issue with A8/HP2605 and possibly the Intel Macs??

Anybody else have any ideas on this one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2007 Jan 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to mention that I manually removed all HP printer files and A8 files, then reinstalled latest HP driver and A8. Problem still persists. I've contacted HP support, but they haven't figured it out yet, either.

Today, I tried printing from my G5 at the office using A8 to a HP2840 and got the same red background. The G5 is also running 10.4.8, but it's since it's a PowerPC, it doesn't appear to be an Intel Mac issue. More and more, I'm thinking it's an Acrobat bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2007 Jan 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also on either my MacBook or my Dual G5 I can't print to my networked HP LaserJet 3052. This is a major bug that needs to be fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps the issue is not with Acrobat. I recommend reinstalling the
printer driver, this can sometimes fix the problem, even though you
may be having an issue only with Acrobat.

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I replaced/re-installed the printer drivers from HP.com while on the phone to Adobe tech support. (To see all earlier messages, click on "Show All Messages). They have a new set of drivers (Universal Binary) that should be used by all of us running the Intel Macs. Also, for the duplex printing problem, a quit and relaunch of A8 solved that printing problem.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2007 Jan 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having similar problems printing duplex (2 pages per side) from my MBPro with OS 10.4.8 to several different printers (Xerox Workstation Pro 55 & Xerox Doculcolour 1632).

The first page is fine, but all subsequent pages are mirrored: works fine when printed from Preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too get mirror images when printing. Workaround solution seems to be to quit Acrobat 8, then relaunch Acrobat 8. Not sure what triggers this behavior in each case. System details follow:

Apple Mac Pro (Intel) running Mac OS X v 10.4.8.
Acrobat Professional v8.0.0
Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS

From Printer Setup Utility->Show Info:

Driver Version: 10.4
PPD File Version: 1.1
Printer Model: Apple LaserWriter 12/640 PS v2015.105

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2007 Jan 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seem to be two printing bugs.
1) as William (and others) described earlier. When performing duplex printing of one-to-a-page, and the last, odd numbered page is printed. It prints mirror and upside down. If one tries to print just the last page, it still prints mirror. A quit/relaunch of A8 will allow you to print the last page normally.

2) when printing two-to-a-page, normal (simplex) printing. the first page prints normally, then all subsequent pages are mirror printed. Doesn't help if you quit/relaunch A8. This bug persists.

clicking on "Show All Messages" brings up the entire thread.

A friend of mine at Adobe is checking with Engineering...
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2007 Jan 23, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

Did your engineer friend find anything out about this problem (mirror image printing), as it is occurring all the time for us? For me, this problem occurs when I print a document with an odd number of pages, and then only for the last page.

This is with long edge binding, 1 page per side.

Intel MBP 15" 2.33GHz, 2048MB RAM, Acrobat 8.0.0, MacOS 10.4.8

Thanks,

Jon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jon, I had a several email exchanges with a Quality Engineer at Adobe and sent this thread as well. According to the QE, the duplex printing problem does not appear on the PPC G5 OS 10.4.8 machine. So, it appears that this is a MacIntel problem. As you are probably aware, the binaries for the two processors are completely different as are the development systems used to create the binaries.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Message from the QE:
"I can reproduce the two bugs on Intel Macs (MacBook and iMac) and have
reported them. The bugs do not occur to PPC G4 or G5.

The workaround for the "2 Pages per Sheet" bug is to use our "Multiple
pages per sheet" in the main print dialog "Page Scaling" settings."

--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 25, 2007 Jan 25, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problems while printing with a number of printers.

I have a brother HL1430 and HP 2200 as well as a Magicolor 3100. on the former two i can not print a single page from either Acrobat Pro 8.0.0 or Readr 8 Intel or PPC. The pgm just crashes when I press print, I have reinstalled all my printers and also Adobe software with no luck.

Any suggestions? COuld this be a font issue, we use a ITC Zapf Chancery font in our logo and had some trouble with this in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2007 Jan 26, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running an iMac, Intel core duo, OS 10.4.8 with a Canon PIXMA MP500 Printer. When two pages of my web site are printed they have a yellow background. This color does not show on the screen views either local or online. Other similar documents on my web site do not have this problem. I have re-scanned the problem documents and ,as before, changed them to .pdf files using the Apple Print Dialogue Window. The problem remains. Help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2007 Feb 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also running an iMac, Intel core due OS 10.4.8. Since I downloaded Adobe Reader 8, none of my PDFs are printing properly. The graphics are OK, but no text. Help! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note: click on "Show All Messages" for lots more of this thread.

Angela, I found that quiting A8 and relaunching A8 would fix the "duplex printing problem" and I could print the last, odd numbered page correctly. The same workaround might work for Adobe Reader 8.

I have added A6 to my dock...since I discovered that the "select image area and copy to clipboard" function wasn't reliable either.
--jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jack, But from what I can gather having read the other posts in this thread, my problem is different, ie. not what you call 'duplex printing'. I only get the one page per page, and it's all the right way up, but there is no writing on it! Text isn't printing, but graphics come out fine. Any ideas? Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS. Going to bed now as late in UK, so if you reply and don't hear back, that's why. I will check in again tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angela, please describe in detail what you did and what happened. Did you try several different files? --jack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2007 Feb 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jack,

Yes, I've tried several files. This applies to files that were already on my computer and to files that have been downloaded since Reader 8 was installed. They display fine, but when they print, even on "Fine" print setting, colour and graphics come out fine, but no text. Angela.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 02, 2007 Feb 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Angela,

What printer? What driver? You might try to remove your printer driver
and re-install? What happens if you print as image? How much memory
on your computer? How much free hard drive space?

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2007 Mar 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a real problem with Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 on the Intel Mac (system 10.4.8). I'm having the same problem with the last page of a duplexed document (but only when the document has an even number of pages, that is, if the document's last page is duplexed). This is an issue when printing to either an HP 3005d or HP 4200d. The evidence clearly points to an Acrobat 8 problem: the duplexing works fine when I print from Acrobat 7.

-Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2007 Mar 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a 2.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Macbook Pro with AdobeReader 8.0.0 . I just tried to print to an HP LaserJet 4250dtn an I get the mirror-image printing problem. When printing 2-pages-up per page, with the duplex feeder, I get *all* pages mirrored except the first one! Any idea of when a patch will be available?

Fernando

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines