• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat 8 SelfHeal and Acrobat Pro 2017 scanner issues

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on a MacPro running 10.12 and recently my system and apps SSD drive failed so I am setting up another one and reinstalling all my apps. I have problems with two versions of Acrobat Pro.

Acrobat Pro 8

Initally Acrobat 8 was working fine but then I followed Apple's instructions to add it to Launchpad for frequently used apps. That was my bad! It removed the app from the Acrobat folder. I immediately put it back but too late, it was no longer recognised.

When I failed to find a work around I uninstalled the app, rebooted the computer, and reinstalled Acrobat but now it gets as far as the Acrobat Pro screen and hangs with the word SelfHeal in place of the credits should be, on the left above my licence details. The beachball whirls and I check the Finder to discover Acrobat is not responding. After several attempts I did an uninstall using the Uninstaller in the folder, rebooted the computer, and tried again - same result on every occasion I tried this. 

I tried AcroCleaner Tool to get rid of every vestige of the app so I could do a complete reinstall from scratch but it could not find Acrobat when it was uninstalled and there was no point when it was installed as it is very clear Cleander is not an uninstaller. If I could get back to the point where I input my name and the serial number that might work, but the system recognises me every time so there is something somewhere that links every installation to the one that ent to SelfHeal.

This is certainly a case of "if it aint broke don't fix it", I should not have tried to move an alias into Launchpad because it moved the app.

Acrobat Pro 2017

I downloaded Acrobat 2017 and instalation went well and I can access pdfs, mark them up etc (but there is no redact tool is seems, that was useful in Acrobat 8 - anybody?). 

I need to be able to scan from my Brother MFC and Acrobat 2017 found by scanner straight away but when I asked it to scan it did nothing at all. When i tried to do anything else it said it was illegal because it was scanning - which is wasn't. I made sure I had the latest drivers and the app. can see the scanner, but it won't work with it.

Any suggestions to help me resolve either of these issues would be very gratefully received, so thanks in advance.

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where did you buy or download Acrobat 2020? Asking because it's discontinued. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No it's not. Do you mean Acrobat 2017, maybe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was Acrobat 2017. Support runs for this app until June 2022 so it is not discontinued I believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a difference between the app being supported and it being available for purchase...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat 8 is an extremely old version and will not run on any current Mac computer.

Acrobat 2017 is a bit old, but should run fine. The Redaction tool is under Tools - Protection - Mark for Redaction.

If you want to redact an image hold down Ctrl when using this tool and it will switch to free-form draw mode, instead of text selection mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, I now have Acrobat 2017 working just fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines