Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Bookmarks Error When Created In Word

Community Beginner ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey gang,

I've got a weird problem that's driving me to distraction. I have a set of Microsoft Word documents that need to be converted to PDF for our customer. Each document has a TOC, list of figures, and list of tables that are saved as bookmarks. No problem so far, right?  All of these bookmarks work...except for the last bookmark created. When the TOC and list of figures are created, the last bookmark in the LOF turns into a hyperlink instead of a bookmark, which I then have to edit so it becomes a proper bookmark. All of the other bookmarks are A-OK.

TL;DR: The last bookmark created in the PDF is a hyperlink pointing to a temp file instead of the referenced page. (See the pic below.)

This is what it looks like:

STLOrca_0-1624379682092.png

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

-terry-

Windows 10 Professional, 64-bit

Microsoft Office 2016

Adobe Acrobat Professional 2017

TOPICS
Create PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Hi @STL Orca 

The first thing is examine the text in Microsoft Word. As this is a list of figures, start with the text in the body of the document. Select the paragraph, remove the hyperlink if one exists, clear all formatting using the Ribbon, then reassign the Paragraph style you used for the others in the list. Finally, regenerate the LoF and see if it happens again.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @STL Orca 

The first thing is examine the text in Microsoft Word. As this is a list of figures, start with the text in the body of the document. Select the paragraph, remove the hyperlink if one exists, clear all formatting using the Ribbon, then reassign the Paragraph style you used for the others in the list. Finally, regenerate the LoF and see if it happens again.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jane,

Thanks for the reply. I followed your steps and at first it didn't work. Finally, I got it to work by deleting and recreating the caption entirely. Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome, @STL Orca. I'm glad it's working for you now 😊

~ Jane 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines