• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat compare side by side view, page synchronization

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently run compares on multipage documents and appreciate the side-by-side view. When scrolling through, I would like to keep the pages aligned, but they will often become unsynchronized (in an attempt, I suppose, to show me where it interprets content has gone). Is there a way to lock page synchronization as I scroll through a document?

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Stephen,

Thank you for reaching out.

As Bernd Alheit mentioned, there is no setting in Acrobat to lock the page synchronization. 

When comparing documents, the second document generally synchronized with the pages in the first document. However, depending on the changes, it may become a little unsynchronized. 

If you wish you may share your suggestion with the team via this form https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, does Adobe have a work around since there is no solution out of the box? Submit to wishlist doesn't really help right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2022 Jun 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've developed a (paid-for) tool that allows you to do that, if you're interested. You can find it here:

https://www.try67.com/tool/acrobat-reader-synchronized-scrolling-two-or-more-pdf-documents

Note that it will not work when you scroll the files normally, though, only when you use the buttons the tool adds to the application to scroll up or down, or to align the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly what I need... comparing last year tax return to this year, and after one page of 23, the offset is more than 3/4 page... which makes it VERY annoying to use. An offset would be REALLY EASY to implement, it's bizarre Adobe don't see this as a basic feature for a "compare" tool. Disappointed Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines