Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat copy paste not editable

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Acrobat on a MacBook.
I copy-pasted text from Google Docs into a text box on a blank page in acrobat. 
Highlighted the text to change font and size, but lose the highlight when moving the cursor off text towards the edit functions.

I tried copy pasting from a pdf as well, and pasting without selecting a textbox. Same results.
I can highlight the text, but cannot then change fonts etc. 
I can delete words and type in words.

Any thoughts?
Thanks for your help

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Hi Thay Bon 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to edit the copy paste text in the PDF.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to copy and paste the text in the PDF? A small video of the issue would help us to better understand.

Also please checkout the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/reusing-pdf-content.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Thay Bon 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to edit the copy paste text in the PDF.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Would you mind sharing the workflow/steps you are doing to copy and paste the text in the PDF? A small video of the issue would help us to better understand.

Also please checkout the help page https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/reusing-pdf-content.html for more information about copying and pasting the text and images from PDF.

Make sure you have the latest version of the application installed. Go to help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once .

Also try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Good morning Amal,

Thank you for your very prompt reply.
The problem seems to have fixed itself- a kind of turn it off and turn it back on again.
I tried the same steps with a different PDF. All good.

Went back to the problem PDF and also all good.

The FAQs seem to all be about copy-paste to get text into PDFs- which I could do. I did not see any FAQs about problems formatting text once it is in the document.
There's always something.

And there's often help.
Thank you for your help,
Thay Bon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines