• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat crashes - black screen on launching and then crashes

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2023 Mar 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My adobe acrobat app (Windows) is not working. 

I have uninstalled, reinstalled and updated to the latest release 23.001.2006x multiple times. 
As noted in the subject, I open the app and it shows a black screen and then crashes - all in the space of about 3 seconds. I have also tried the step to move the 'preferences' folder. That didn't work either.Screenshot 2023-03-12 144222.png

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Hi @Lauren_Smith and @Matt1123  ,

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please send the full crash dump to us to debug this further by following steps mentioned below -

Press 'Start' key and search for 'cmd'. Launch the Command Prompt in admin i.e. 'Run as Administrator' mode. Run these four commands in a one-by-one manner:

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps"

REG ADD "

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 12, 2023 Mar 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS version?

Try running a Repair Installation from the Help menu.

If that doesn't work uninstall it, run this tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html), then install it again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think my OS is Windows 11 Home - 10.0.22621
I had previously tried running repair from add/install - the program doesn't stay open long enough or operate properly to be able to get to the Help menu. 
The cleaner tool has a lot of instructions! I will try it later today and report back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows 10.

I've been working from home this weekend, mainly writing documents for Monday morning that have been received as PDFs for proofreading, checking, editing, printing and emailing.

I've literally spent the entirety of Sunday trying to simply get the Adobe software to load, never mind editing anything. It's now midnight and still nothing. I've lost a full day's work and, unless I want to lose my job or, at the very least, the trust and responsibility of the boss, I'm going to have to stay awake all night formatting and typing everything in Word and saving as PDF.

Disappointed is an understatement. Considering I pay for this service on a subscription, and have potentially lost pay because of it I'm sure the Adobe Tribe can understand that I'm quite annoyed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Lauren_Smith, and Matt1123,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Please try to repair the application installation. Reboot the machine once.

If that does not help, remove the application and run the cleaner tool (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html). Reboot the machine.

Then reinstall the latest version from the following page: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

If you still experience issues in opening Acrobat, please share the following logs:

Crash logs: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/collect-logs-crash-freeze.html

Process logs: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Lauren_Smith and @Matt1123  ,

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your response and we are extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Could you please send the full crash dump to us to debug this further by following steps mentioned below -

Press 'Start' key and search for 'cmd'. Launch the Command Prompt in admin i.e. 'Run as Administrator' mode. Run these four commands in a one-by-one manner:

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps"

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpFolder /t REG_EXPAND_SZ /d "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps"

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpCount /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000040

REG ADD "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Windows Error Reporting\LocalDumps" /v DumpType /t REG_DWORD /d 0x00000002

Retry the scenario where Acrobat crashes. Press Win+R and type "%LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps" and press Enter You will see .dmp file generated file recently. Please share that dump with us. Note it will be a large file. You may upload the logs to Adobe Send and share the link with us via email: How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud

Also, could you please try a workaround:

Please delete the 'UserCache64.bin' at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\Acrobat\DC

Relaunch the Acrobat after this and let us know if the issue persists.

Thanks!

Adobe Acrobat Desktop Team

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines