• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC 64-bit availability in Norway

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will the 64bit edtions of Adobe Acrobat Standard/Professional be available through Creative Cloud Desktop in Norway...?

The 32 bit edition of  Acrobat doesn´t support pdf-documents containing dwg-drawings (cad-drawings) with 20 000++ objects and comments. Such huge documents make Acrobat 32 bit reach it´s limit, which is about 3.5 GByte RAM, and then a such documents becomes sluggish to work with. When opening same documents with 64 bit pdf-tools from Adobes competitors, everything works smooth.

In order to use Adobe PDF Printer with  Microsoft Office 365 64 bit, one need to have Adobe PDF plugin 64 bit.

[ Branched to new post and subject renamed for clarity by moderator.]

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Hi @Rune5CCE 

There is an installer for Acrobat DC 64-bit here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html

I don't know if it will help in Norway, so I'm tagging employees  @MeenakshiNegi , @AnandSri , @Amal. 

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Hi @Rune5CCE 

I hope you are doing well. Acrobat DC 64-bit is available for download through the Creative Cloud Desktop app. You may also use this URL to download and install it separately: (already shared by Jane) https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html.

Are you getting any error messages while installing the app? We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rune5CCE 

There is an installer for Acrobat DC 64-bit here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html

I don't know if it will help in Norway, so I'm tagging employees  @MeenakshiNegi , @AnandSri , @Amal. 

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need Adobe Acrobat DC 64 bit to be available for installastion from  Creative Cloud Desktop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Rune5CCE 

I hope you are doing well. Acrobat DC 64-bit is available for download through the Creative Cloud Desktop app. You may also use this URL to download and install it separately: (already shared by Jane) https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/download-64-bit-installer.html.

Are you getting any error messages while installing the app? We're here to help, just need more info.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Norway 64 bit Acrobat DC Standard/Professional is not available through Creative Cloud Desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any prerequisites needed for the 64 bit Adobe Acrobat DC Standard/Professional to be available through Creative Cloud Desktop...?

Is it possible for users to choose between 32 bit and 64 bit from within Creative Cloud Desktop, or is there any criterias that the installer checks for that decide which edition to install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Now I can confirm that the 64 bit edition of Adobe Acrobat DC ver. 22.001.20142 is being distributed through Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop for users in Norway. But it doesn´t migrate automatically. The existing 32 bit edition has to be uninstalled followed by a reboot. Then when installing from Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop it will be the 64 bit edition that will be installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines