• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC cannot print PDF files

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a customer having issues with printing PDF files.  They have Acrobat DC Standard, and can open any PDF just fine, however when attempting to print nothing happens.  Acrobat doesn't even appear to send the print job to the printer.  We've tested on multiple printers and the problem is the same.

I've ensured all correct and current printer drivers are installed

Acrobat Standard DC is up to date as of 2/10/16

The printer can print other jobs from other software (i.e. Word, Notepad, etc.) without issues

PDFs will print if I open them in Adobe READER and print from here; it is only within Acrobat DC that they will not print.

I've found numerous other forum posts on the same or similar topics and the best answer I've found is the mentioned workaround of printing from Adobe Reader.  Most mention that this is a problem Adobe has had for awhile (the most helpful forum thread dated back to May, 2014) but no one has an answer on what the problem is caused by and what solves it for good; only workarounds.

Is there any solution to this problem that I can apply and have the product working as intended for my customer?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 193 Replies 193
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chiming in here - we have 15-20 users who have had printing problems for about 9 months.

Acrobat (Pro and Standard) DC 2015 set to auto update. I think everyone is on v2015.006.30355.

Win7 64bit with current updates

Office 2010 with current updates

Network printers supplied through a print server with 1 or 2 local USB printers

We have a Citrix server on our network but the Citrix users are not the one who cannot print

When the user presses print nothing happens. The print dialog box goes away but the file never gets spooled. Our users have learned to press the Properties box on the print driver first. If Properties opens then the file will print and if it doesn't it won't.

For us it started happening in Jan. 2017 and affected all users within a couple of weeks. I'm assuming it is a bad combination of Adobe updates and Microsoft updates but have no way to know.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have a client that cannot print using Adobe Reader DC on Windows 7. Every other application can print fine on the same machine.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled - no change

Tried the option to print as an image - no change

How can I enable logging for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2017 Sep 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in my case Acrobat DC would not print on first launch for new login sessions.

My fix was to make sure these folders exist:

"%appdata%\Adobe\Adobe PCD\cache"

"%appdata%\Adobe\SLData\SLCache"

"%appdata%\Adobe\SLData\SLStore"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2017 Oct 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I contacted the Adobe Tech team. In our special constellation, the following has helped:

1. Create: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/WOW6432Node/Adobe/Adobe Acrobat/DC/FeatureState

2. Create a new DWORD(32-bit)-Value:

Name: 4211929

Value: 1

Best regards

kekswork

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 12, 2017 Oct 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating the registry key and value does not work. The problem is that Acrobat Reader DC kills the print spooler; the service goes from started state to not running. Acrobat probably gives it something it cannot print. This outcome leaves two files in the spooler Printer directory. Deleting the files lets you restart the spooler, but trying to print just repeats the problem. It is simply unbelievable that Acrobat has let this problem drag on for a year and more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is believable if you consider the myriads of printers/computer/OS combinations possible.

The problem with this thread is that it is not followable any more with its 5 pages.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can see everyone's frustration here.. I am in the same boat... I have a firm of about 86 users and almost everyone is now complaining that they cannot print. The issue has been going on for a month now and its really frustrating that company this size has not gotten to the bottom of this as of now. I am screwed because my company bought the volume licensing from Adobe years ago and we are kind of stuck with the program but I will not hesitate to try new products out there. I am only reluctant because of the learning curve that my users have to go through in order to get used to a new product.

This is beyond aweful that we are still discussing an issue that started more than a year ago!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is helpful but here goes

We have had the same issue and after trying all the "fixes" we still have the issue cropping up, what I discovered this morning is that one user was having the print issue and I noticed he was opening the file from his desktop (which is redirected to a server folder)

SO I moved the file to a folder on his local drive and now it prints just fine, as we redirect the documents and Desktop folders it wouldn't print from his documents folder either.

I have had issues in the past with adobe and UNC paths

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2017 Oct 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SO much for wishful thinking issue cropped up again right after I posted previous so odd thing is that reader works just fine so I install it set it as the default and trained the user how to open in Acrobat when they needed to edit.  Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having exactly the same issue following a very recent automatic update (to 17.11.30066.240978).  Windows 7, Properties and Settings boxes not opening, no error message.  It's been posted earlier, but for newcomers, this worked for me:

Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced) > uncheck 'Enable Enhanced Security'

Closed and re-opened the app, all worked fine.  This 'enhancement' is quickly becoming the first thing I disable when hitting problems in Acrobat Reader / Pro - guess the update helpfully re-enabled it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this and did not work for me...Adobe please help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have users attempting to print to a USB connected Brother MFP from Adobe Pro XI (v 11.0.23), but when it the printer is selected the document is sent through the spooler and hits the print queue, but then disappears and does not print.

We also have Adobe Reader DC (v 18.009.20050) installed our customer PCs because are we are phasing out our use of Pro for all of our users and replacing it with Reader, but we are not yet ready to uninstall Pro from all PCs due to customer needs and use.

After saving the document to the desktop and opening with Adobe Reader DC rather than the current default of Pro, it will print successfully.

Computer is on Win 10 OS.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a two years old issue and still not resolved! Acrobat Reader DC latest version cannot print under Windows server 2016, also Properites and Print Setup button are not working.

We had to install Acrobat Reader XI

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: even going back to Acrobat Reader XI did not help, usually we cannot print on Windows Terminal Server 2016. Usually, because it happens to work for some users, but the issue does always come back.

We have to look for another pdf reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2018 Jan 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guess what everybody?

Nothing changed in Acrobat 2017! Apparently Adobe just doesn't have the resources to troubleshoot an issue as inconsequential as printing from a document creation application.

Or you could just turn off your anti-virus, because after all, just how important is AV protection anyway?

Too busy counting all the money they make from Photoshop I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to print, ADOBE READER Versio0n 2018.009.20050 just produces a *.prnfile to be saved.

This problem is more than 2 years old. Time to find another PDF reader!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also facing the same issue (latest version installed on Win2012r2 Terminal Server)

I thought I had fixed it by recreating a users profile (when it had occured) but now the issue has resurfaced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Adobe tech support stop monitoring this thread? 

We've been having this issue for a couple years now and still no resolution.  Will someone from Adobe please help!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 02, 2018 Mar 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just giving my business to Foxit now, their support actually works with you and assigns their development team to fix issues on next releases. I grabbed PhantomPDF as an alternative for my users experiencing the issue, and they don't have a problem. Foxit deserves your business, adobe does not. We need to stop enabling their laziness. My original post was in November, I've still yet to hear from Adobe. When I reach out to Foxit support, I have a followup within a day or two.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines