Spezielle Community für Koreanischsprachige
Beenden
Gesperrt

Acrobat DC cannot print PDF files

Neu hier ,
Feb 10, 2016 Feb 10, 2016

Link in Zwischenablage kopieren

Kopiert

I have a customer having issues with printing PDF files.  They have Acrobat DC Standard, and can open any PDF just fine, however when attempting to print nothing happens.  Acrobat doesn't even appear to send the print job to the printer.  We've tested on multiple printers and the problem is the same.

I've ensured all correct and current printer drivers are installed

Acrobat Standard DC is up to date as of 2/10/16

The printer can print other jobs from other software (i.e. Word, Notepad, etc.) without issues

PDFs will print if I open them in Adobe READER and print from here; it is only within Acrobat DC that they will not print.

I've found numerous other forum posts on the same or similar topics and the best answer I've found is the mentioned workaround of printing from Adobe Reader.  Most mention that this is a problem Adobe has had for awhile (the most helpful forum thread dated back to May, 2014) but no one has an answer on what the problem is caused by and what solves it for good; only workarounds.

Is there any solution to this problem that I can apply and have the product working as intended for my customer?

THEMEN
Druck und Druckvorstufe

Zugriffe

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines

correct answers 1 richtige Antwort

Adobe-Mitarbeiter , May 19, 2016 May 19, 2016

Hi all,

We have released a patch today that fixes the Mac Printing issue that was recently introduced (with May 10th release). If you are not already updated to the latest patch, simply open Acrobat and visit Help > Check for updates to apply this patch.

More details about this release and bug fixes is available here: Acrobat Help | Release notes | Acrobat DC, Acrobat Reader DC | Update

Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,

-ashu

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen
Neu hier ,
Nov 03, 2016 Nov 03, 2016

Kopiert

Simplest answer after banging my head trying to get Acrobat DC to print and failing was to install Nitro Reader.

I had the document I needed printed 5 minutes later.

I don't know why Adobe can't get their act together? This message thread is embarrassing.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
Seien Sie freundlich und respektvoll, geben Sie die ursprüngliche Quelle der Inhalte an und suchen Sie vor dem Absenden Ihres Beitrags nach Duplikaten. Weitere Informationen
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

It could only be embarrassing to them if they had a sense of self respect - and respect for the customer. Instead, they clearly have much bigger things to occupy themselves with. To them, execution is just detail. Adobe seems to be just a big collection of BS artists.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Adobe-Mitarbeiter ,

Kopiert

Hi all,

We apologise for the printing issues you are encountering with Acrobat or Reader DC.

In order to help resolve the print issues at your end, we need you to perform the following steps:

1. Make sure you are on the latest Acrobat or Reader update. Please visit Help > Check for Updates and apply the patch if available.
  2. Uninstall and Reinstall the printer driver. Refer to the "Are you using the latest printer driver?" section here: Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

Please try printing again and if the issue still reproduces, please send us with the following information:

1. Snapshot of the Acrobat or Reader version installed on your machine. Go to Help > About Acrobat for the info dialog.
  2. Snapshot of printers installed as shown in Devices and Printers section
  3. Snapshot of printers listed in the Acrobat Print Dialog

Please send this information to asmittal@adobe.com and we'll reach out to you for debugging this further.

Looking forward to your cooperation to help us help you.

Thanks,

-ashu

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

Sorry, that boat left many weeks ago. I now have Nitro PDF and PDFill which work fine - and Adobe Reader "Dysfunctional Crap" has been removed.

Thanks for "reaching out" when it was too late. What were you doing all this time?

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Dec 20, 2016 Dec 20, 2016

Kopiert

I just followed the steps you listed above, and still does not work:

FYI -

-I did not have any updates to my Adobe Acrobat Reader DC

-I was able to uninstall and install the latest printer driver (Canon Pro9000 Markii)

- I do not have another printer to try.

Still getting the same messages:

- The document could not be printed.

- There were no pages selected to print.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Kopiert

Adobe, are ever planning to putting out an update for Acrobat DC (for Windows) to fix this problem?  Please give us some sort of timeline.  This printing problem is unacceptable.  Thank you.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Kopiert

Here it is January 2017 and this issue is still happening. I have a user who had Adobe Reader 11 with this issue printing to an HP LJ 4350 on our network. PDF files just stopped printing. I have removed the printer, uninstalled Reader 11, reinstalled Acrobat DC, reinstalled the printer with updated drivers and still he cannot print PDF's.

ADOBE, WHERE IS A SOLUTION, AND WHY IS THIS STILL HAPPENING????

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Kopiert

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Kopiert

Hello,

we had the same issue after the last Microsoft patch day in January 2017.

If this is the source of the problem or just a coincidence... i can't say for sure.

We've found a solution in our case.

It is the "Enhanced Security" Setting, that have to be deactivated.

You can change this setting under Preferences.

• Choose Preferences.
  • From the Categories on the left, select Security (Enhanced).
  • Select the Enable Enhanced Security option.

We've tested this with several users and it worked every time.

Hopefully it will work as well for you.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Kopiert

Unfortunately your fix doesn't work for me. Sadly my BAT file

workaround also has ceased to work.

Dean Bekken

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Kopiert

THANK YOU!!! so much. That was the fix for me! I love how users help Adobe out.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Feb 03, 2017 Feb 03, 2017

Kopiert

We finally switched over to SodaPDF. It's free and it works so far.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Kopiert

I found that my issue appears to lie with deployed printers, if we add the printer manually via directory, share or locally it works without issue.

Not sure if this will help anyone else

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Gast
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Kopiert

I've joined this forum specifically to thank mrdbekken for his pointer towards Soda pdf, which is working perfectly on my Macbook Pro as I type. No more cumbersome Adobe for me! Thank you again!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Feb 22, 2017 Feb 22, 2017

Kopiert

I just had this issue come up this morning. I went to File > Print> Advanced.  On the advanced screen under Color Management I check the box for Let Printer Determine Colors.  Everything started working perfectly.  I printed a 7 page color document right away.  I then went back and printed the same document in Gray Scale by going to File > Print and check the box for Gray Scale printing before sending it to the printer. 

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Kopiert

Unless there has been solution I am unaware of, this is still a problem.

Problem review: When a user attempts to print a PDF from Acrobat DC, the print progress bar does not appear, the print dialogue box closes but no print file is sent to the printer queue.

In my work space this problem applies to four PC's running Acrobat DC on Windows 7. Acrobat DC has been updated to the most current release as of the date of this reply, and the Windows systems are running Windows Defender for virus protection (with regard to some previous comments regarding Vipre virus protection possible interfering with the Acrobat print function).

Notes: When a user quits Acrobat and reopens a PDF back into Acrobat DC then attempts to print, the print is successful.

This problem is extremely annoying affecting multiple users in a student user environment.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Kopiert

Same problem here.

Windows 7 with Reader DC. Prints, but nothing is sent to printer. However, I can print to a network printer. MS Office prints fine to the printer connected by USB. Re-installed Reader DC and it did not fix the issue.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Kopiert

found on a different forum and this has now been working for us --

Go to the Adobe DC Icon on your desktop. Right click. At the very bottom of the dropdown select Properties.  Click on the Compatibility tab.  Under Compatibility Mode select the operating system you are using. Select OK/Apply.  My employee's new laptop (Windows 7) hasn't had any more issues since we did this.  Hope it helps others.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Oct 13, 2017 Oct 13, 2017

Kopiert

awesome! Thanks that one worked for me.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Kopiert

"Go to the Adobe DC Icon on your desktop. Right click. At the very bottom of the dropdown select Properties.  Click on the Compatibility tab.  Under Compatibility Mode select the operating system you are using. Select OK/Apply."

So far this has worked for me as well. Thank you, furmanco, for passing along the information!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Kopiert

Ok, actually this only worked temporarily (or coincidentally!)

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Kopiert

Same here, seemed like a true fix because all my failed attempts went to printer after setting compatibility settings, but eventually everything went back to failing.

If someone from adobe could please assist, my company is subscribed to Acrobat DC and at this point I am considering uninstalling and going with XI if nothing improves with troubleshooting.

Version of Adobe Acrobat DC being used: 18.009.20044

Operating System: Windows 7 build version 6.1.7601

Paper Size being used: 8.5 x 11

Workflow: Open form, edit form, print

Similar to everyone else, no loading bar for print, nothing happens. Tested from other pdf editing apps (works just fine from bluebeam) and fails on several different printers sporadically and inconsistently.

I appreciate your time and assistance.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Adobe has the worst customer service when it comes to technical issues like this. I did not get any answer from them after opening a support ticket till about a day ago (after a month).
What you might want to check is your anti-virus, sometimes the anti-virus blocks the print job from getting to the printer. Try turning off the av and then print?

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Community-Einsteiger ,

Kopiert

I have some time with the user's machine scheduled tomorrow, I will add that to my list of troubleshooting attempts--thanks for the tip.

I did see someone mentioning their Vipre AV getting in the way a while back, and that is the AV that we use. Ours runs on its own server, so hopefully it isn't a Vipre issue but it is worth ruling out.

The frustration gets multiplied by the intermittent nature of the problem. Every fix could be a coincidence!

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines
Neu hier ,

Kopiert

Yes, this is exactly what we had at my office, it's definitely a vipre issue then, I worked with the Vipre director of development and they sent me a new agent that worked for us. I tried removing vipre and used Symantec on 5 test machines that were having printing problem and as soon as I installed Symantec, it fixed the issue for us. You can email me at ghaz.haider@wickphillips.com and I can try sending you the latest agent which fixed the issue for us.

I was without printing for about a month until Vipre figured out the issue in their code.

Stimmen

Übersetzen

Übersetzen

Melden

Melden
Community-Richtlinien
community guidelines