• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Crash With OCR (Solved)

Explorer ,
Aug 05, 2019 Aug 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed a bug (which I cannot find how to access now) recently that Acrobat DC was crashing anytime OCR was invoked (scan or "Edit" selected on a scanned image).  I have found the solution in my case:

Recently purchased an HP all-in-one and installed its software.  Part of that installation installed their I.R.I.S OCR software.  Unfortunately, when Acrobat DC instantiated OCR on a PDF that had been scanned (image only, no text) either during the scan or selecting Edit Page in the tools, Acrobat would try to use the I.R.I.S OCR DLL installed by HP and crash.

Solution:

I went into the Control Panel, Programs and Features, and uninstalled just the I.R.I.S. OCR software.  OCR now works without issue in Acrobat and Acrobat can scan to PDF just fine from the all-in-one.

TOPICS
Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Thanks, worked for me!

I did note that I has two IRIS Ocr installations, one for an old hp I just replaced and the new one from my new printer, I just removed the newer one and it worked.

Thank you my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I have been racking my brain to figure this out. We also recently installed an HP scanner and ran accross this issue.  This fix worked like a charm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I wish there was a feature in Adobe Acrobat asking the user to uninstall the HP software.

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked. I wish Adobe would provide a warning or indication that the HP software was in conflict. 

Scott

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This worked for me. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me out so much. I checked for the file, restarted my computer, re-installed Acrobat DC and then checked here. I appreciate the work you did to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2021 Jul 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see I.R.I.S. in my control panel.  I have a Brother printer/copier/scanner. Adobe techs cannot seem to solve the problem and were supposed to call me back at 9 am on two different appointments and never did.   About ready to cancel my subscription because I am tired of babysitting a phone when I have other work responsibilties to do.  Not going to deal with this much longer and have other avenues for scanning and .pdf's instead of this nonsense - there is always something with this software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2021 Aug 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this. I had the sam eissue and this worked great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such an issue to find out.  Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, worked for me!

I did note that I has two IRIS Ocr installations, one for an old hp I just replaced and the new one from my new printer, I just removed the newer one and it worked.

Thank you my friend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm working with a user also encountering this issue. However, even after uninstalling any HP associated software/drivers. It is still crashing the app when trying to run "Scan & OCR". I have uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Cloud and Adobe DC ... any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines