Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I run windows 7-64.

I have enfocus pitstop 2017 installed

I have current version of Acobat DC installed

I am on a network.

and today acobat dc started to crash every time I attempted to print from acrobat.

I can open a document.

When I crtl P, the program crashes.  I do not get a printer dialog box.

What I have done to trouble shoot so far

Attempted to repair installation

Made more room on my harddrive, but there are 400gb free

rebooted several times

This is new problem for me.  The computer is mission critical for my printing company.

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Think I figured this out.

I uninstalled a font and the acrobat DC failed.  I reinstalled the font and now everything is happy.  The needed font is the Segoe font family. Adobe: Why when you run an Acrobat DC installation check, this does not get flagged by the tool is beyond me.  I found the link to the post about the font issue in this series of posts.  Adobe Acrobat DC Version 17 crashes when printing and when choosing preferences.  forums.adobe.com/thread/2314607.  It is the last entry.

It rem

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A bit more info on my problem

I have an old full install of Acrobat X on the machine.  I was able to open it and it printed fine.  I also have no issues printing from Indesign, so I have to assume the problem is with Acrobat DC supplied by Creative Suites.

I found a community post which seem related, but I am unwilling to use these tools on my install because I do not know what it will do.

Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs found in this post Adobe Acrobat DC Version 17 crashes when printing and when choosing preferences

I read through the instructions and is says it is for a installed version and not the CS supplied version of Acrobat.  The current version of Pitstop need Acrobat DC to work correctly so this a big problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think I figured this out.

I uninstalled a font and the acrobat DC failed.  I reinstalled the font and now everything is happy.  The needed font is the Segoe font family. Adobe: Why when you run an Acrobat DC installation check, this does not get flagged by the tool is beyond me.  I found the link to the post about the font issue in this series of posts.  Adobe Acrobat DC Version 17 crashes when printing and when choosing preferences.  forums.adobe.com/thread/2314607.  It is the last entry.

It reminded me that I have seen this issue before on some other problem I was having with Acrobat DC.  This is the first time I have seen it cause a printing problem.  And the problem did not happen right away.  It took a few days before it occurred.  Maybe it needed a couple of restarts or an update before crashed my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fine. I love such users!    

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, the problem shut down my print shop, I had find a fix.  I was serious about asking that the "repair installation" tool to find this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh no, I was serious about loving that people post their solution an mark it correct, so that people with similar problems have a possible solution suggested. That is great.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your solution worked like a charm, reinstalling the Segoe fonts did the trick and Adobe Acrobat DC is behaving again.  Three years and your solution is still helping.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines