• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC crashes when exporting

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using version 2021.001.20145. Every time I try to export a pdf doc to word or excel the program crashes when the export engine starts. I have a fully activated product with a subscription through Adobe Creative Cloud.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mike,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the Acrobat DC is crashing when you export the PDF.

Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

Please try to repair the Acrobat DC installation (Windows Only) and reboot the computer once. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup' , Turn off the Protected Mode and Uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risks.

If it still doesn't work, please create a new test user profile with full admin rights on Windows or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there and check.

You may also check out the help pages listed below and see if that works.

For Mac: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

For Windows: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-crashes-on-windows-os.html

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it was a protected pdf which would explain the crash - however, I frequently have to sign out then sign back into Acrobat in order to get it to import a word doc or export to word. Otherwise it thinks the program is not activated.

All this after I uninstalled then reinstalled Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Are you on a Mac or Windows machine and what is the version of the OS? Also, do you get any error message that says that the program is not activated? If yes, please share the screenshot of the same for a better understanding.

We are here for help, just need more info.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem. When I open the pdf in Acrobat Pro DC and try to export it as a word file, it crashes straight away. Doesn't create a word file. I installed acrobat and restarted, but no success. I work on Mac Monterey 12.2.1

What else can I try?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20112 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once. You may also try to download the patch manually from the link https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html and see if that helps.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal

I've got the latest version!

Do I have to delete the whole preference folder or only the files mentioned, as I couldn’t find them!
Then I tried to do another user, but unsure of how to do that exactly. I’m not good at tech stuff and too scared to do it wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

To reset preferences please follow the steps below:

• Quit Acrobat.
  • Drag the following files from the Users/[Username]/Library/Preferences folder to the Desktop:
    • Acrobat WebCapture Cookies
    • com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist or com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro_x86_9.0.plist
    • Acrobat Distiller Prefs and com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist (if you are troubleshooting an issue with Distiller)
    • The Acrobat folder, which contains preferences for forms (MRUFormsList), collaboration (OfflineDocs), and color settings (AcrobatColor Settings.csf)
  • Restart Acrobat

To create the root account in MAC, please go through the help page https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204012

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines