• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

acrobat dc crashes when i click the page setup button

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i just updated to ventura 13.2.1 and now when i click the page setup button in acrobat it crashes acrobat. it does the same thinh in acrobat reader. i can't change the page size of any file.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michael27122468j0qo 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

What are the steps you are doing? A small video recording of the same would be very helpful.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 22.3.20314 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Marking a reply or response “Correct” will help future users with the same issue quickly identify the correct answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happens with every pdf file i try, new and old files. i'm just opening up the pdf file and going directly to the page setup button and clicking on it and it crashes.  the same thing happens even when i open a file in adobe reader. everything else works but i can't change the page size. i'm using version 2022.003.20314 acrobat pro. this only started happening after i upgraded to Ventura 13.2.1. i already tried multiple times to reinstall both ventura and acrobat. i looked at trying to reset the preferences but i do not have any of the preferences in my library file that you suggested to remove.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any other options to fix the program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i created a test user profile and acrobat worked perfectly - so what does that mean for my original user account?? how do i know what is wrong with it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @michael27122468j0qo 

We are sorry for the delayed response. As the application is working fine in the new test user profile, it seems to be some issue with the regular user profile. Please try to repair the user profile and see if that helps, there isn't much that we can do in this case.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2023 Apr 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am having the same issue.  Were you ever able to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, never was able to fix it - i ended up adding a new user account and transfered everything over to the new user account and everything has worked since (on the new user account)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thank you for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michael27122468j0qo,

Thanks for reporting the issue to us.

Could you please provide the following information.

1) Is the issue happening every time, or is it happening intermittently.
2) Is it happening with multiple machines or with some specific machines. Please confirm.
3) Is the issue happening with every PDF or with some specific PDF. Also, is it possible to share any of them.
4) Are you still on Ventura 13.2.1 or have you upgraded to the latest version of Ventura. If yes, then what's the
behaviour with the new version.
5) What's the version of Acrobat that you are using. If it is old, then could you please upgrade
it to the latest version and share the observation with that.

6) Are you using a Mac silicon machine or a Mac Intel machine. Please confirm

Thanks,
Abhishek Ranjan Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michael27122468j0qo,

Please provide the following information to investigate the issue further:

1) Is the issue happening every time, or is it happening intermittently.
2) Is it happening with multiple machines or with some specific machines. Please confirm.
3) Is the issue happening with every PDF or with some specific PDF. Also, is it possible to share any of them.
4) Are you still on Ventura 13.2.1 or have you upgraded to the latest version of Ventura. If yes, then what's the
behaviour with the new version.
5) What's the version of Acrobat that you are using. If it is old, then could you please upgrade
it to the latest version and share the observation with that.

6) Are you using a Mac silicon machine or a Mac Intel machine. Please confirm

Thanks,
Abhishek Ranjan Singh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, it happens every time. i only have 1 machine. it happens with every pdf i try to open.(it's not the pdf files) still on Ventura 13.2.1 (haven't upgraded since i created a new user ID to make acrobat work again). adobe acrobat pro 2023.001.20177. using mac silicon machine. once i created a new user ID and transfered evrything over it works with the new user id.   when i go back to the old user id, it still doesn't work(acrobat crashes when i try to open a pdf file)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @michael27122468j0qo 

Thanks for sharing the information.

As the application is working fine in the new user profile, it seems to be some issue with the old user profile. Please try to repair the affected user profile and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines