Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Crashes when renaming layer group

New Here ,
Jul 11, 2022 Jul 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AcrobatLayersGroup.jpg

Whenever I try and rename the layer group, Acrobat crashes to desktop. All of my co-workers have reported the same issue. Following all of the usual troubleshooting steps haven't fixed the issue, and it's only started in the last three weeks.

I'm not 100% layer group is the right term for the area I'm talking about, so I've attached an image.

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Donald,

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. 

As per the description above, the application only crashes when trying to rename the layer group. Is this a behavior with a particular file where you have been trying to edit the layers? If yes, then try a couple of steps suggested below-

1- It could be one document that's causing trouble. Kindly check the same with another file that contains the layers and see if that lets you edit or not.

2- Are you on the most recent version of Acrobat? To check that, Open Acrobat>help>check for updates.

3- Navigate to Acrobat>Edit>Preferences>Security (Enhanced)>disable "Protected View" and "Enhanced Security">OK>close and reopen Acrobat.

Note: these changes are only for testing purposes. Once tested, please change it back to the previous setting.

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Akanchha, I've already completed all of those steps, that's what I meant by usual troubleshooting steps. Every file we try to edit has the same behavior. And the other two steps I've already completed and they didn't affect anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't help for renaming, but this free utility for Acrobat Pro removes the "InDesign layers group", I use it often:

https://www.uvsar.com/projects/acrobat/indesignfixups/

It can remove the "Guides and Grids" too.

ungroup_nested_layers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines