Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Acrobat DC Crashing

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC regularly crashes when I try to open certain files, or sometimes to change the view of an open file.  It is not necessarily large files but often ones that were originally created in CAD programmes by other people.

I am using a MacBook Air 

1.6 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5

8 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3

Intel UHD Graphics 617 1536 MB

MacOS BigSur Versoin 11.3

This has been happening for some time and is not connected with any update.

Michelle 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Michelle

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Acrobat DC regularly crashes when you try to open certain files, or sometimes to change the view of an open file.

- Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat. 

Please try to reboot the computer once and check if that works for you.

Please try to reset the Acrobat Preferences to default as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in Mac and try using the application there.

Also please check out the steps provided in the help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/troubleshoot-system-errors-freezes-mac.html

Regards

Amal

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Dear Amal
The version I am using is Continuous Release Version 2021.001.20155

I have tried but failed to set Acrobat Preferences to default. I cannot
find the Acrobat preferences file - I've found the photoshop and
illustrator ones but not the Acrobat one.

Kind regards
Michelle

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines