Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC is the Windows ME (read "the worst") of Adobe

New Here ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I used to like your products. FrameMaker was super-awesome at the time, way better than using Word. Acrobat was even amazing in transfer of compact, robust documents. It became a staple of document communication. Up through Acrobat XI, while there were a lot of UI design choices and organization that was annoying, they were still workable.

Then, you created Acrobat DC. It's like you let a high-school freshman art major take the lead on spewing out what their addled brain thinks is cool to design the UI, and a coding intern make the UI function. I've seen DOS prompt UIs with easier-to-navigate setup and far more responsive.

You've been at this for 6 years, and DC is still a train-wreck of garbage layout choices, slow, buggy, painful UI, and it actually fights with MS office to the point having Excel and Acrobat DC (pro, mind you) open on the same window actually causes the system to freeze, making back-and-forth checking/editing/redlining nearly impossible. I had to uninstall this pile of garbage, and reinstall Pro X, because, hey, it ain't pretty, but at least it function pretty well.

The forums are loaded with complaints with this same message. Adobe... you failed. Acrobat DC is a failure of a product. Sure, you forced the world to go to it, so you made a lot of money. However, a majority of users suffer because of your ego, refusing to admit that you went down the wrong road.

We HATE Acrobat DC. It is basically the worst product that you released, and rivals the worst of Microsoft and Apple. It is less painful for me to deal with the auto-prompts from my IT software trying to reinstall DC, than to deal with this cesspool of putrescent mass you call a product.

Just letting you know. 

Sincerely,

An engineer plagued by your poor decisions and giant ego

TOPICS
Standards and accessibility

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2021 Jul 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ouch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines