Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Acrobat DC Keeps Showing up in my CC Apps Window

Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I changed my plan from All Apps to the Photography Plan, Acrobat DC continually appears in my Apps window of my CC desktop app, with an option to start the trial period or subscribe. I select the Uninstall option as I don't really need/want that program, but every time I reboot or CC does any kind of update, it reappears. I don't want/need this app and wish it wouldn't keep showing up in my installed apps window. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?

Thanks.

Glenn
TOPICS
General troubleshooting, How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021
Hi Glenn, Hope you are doing well. If we understand correctly, then you have downloaded and used the Acrobat DC in past.Right? If application was installed once and subscription has been ended, then it will appear in appear in the list of Installed apps.  If you have uninstalled it, then it should appear as "Install"  Getting the option for "Subscribe" or "Start Trial" means somewhere application still exist in your system. Or may be its files traces are not cleaned up completely. So, what you...

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Glenn,

Hope you are doing well.

• If we understand correctly, then you have downloaded and used the Acrobat DC in past.Right?
  • If application was installed once and subscription has been ended, then it will appear in appear in the list of Installed apps. 

If you have uninstalled it, then it should appear as "Install" 

Getting the option for "Subscribe" or "Start Trial" means somewhere application still exist in your system. Or may be its files traces are not cleaned up completely.

So, what you need to do is-

1- Open CC desktop app, click on the profile icon at upper right corner and Sign Out

2- Run this cleaner tool to remove Acrobat DC and its files traces: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  

3- Once done, restart your computer. Launch CC desktop app Sign In and check the status of Acrobat DC

Let us know the result. 

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2021 Apr 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this Akanchha. That was my problem exactly. I followed your instructions and ran the cleaner, did the reboot and that solved the issue.

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.

Glenn

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2021 May 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That sounds great Glenn. Thanks for taking out time and sharing your experience.

~Akanchha

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines