• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat dc license has either expired or not been activated

New Here ,
May 26, 2015 May 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating my Adobe Cloud subscription to use Adobe Acrobat DC, I get an error the first time I try to use it from an application like Word or Outlook 365.  It pops up an error "Your request could not be completed.  Adobe Acrobat DC license has either expired or not been activated."  I never had this problem with Acrobat XI.

Windows 7 Pro x64/8 GB RAM/

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Hi All,

Please make sure your application is up to date. I'll suggest you to sign out and sign in once. If the issue is still there, close the application try the steps below.

• Windows
    1. Go to C:\ProgramData\Adobe\, here you need to rename the folder named "SLStore" to "SLStore_old" or you can use any name of your choice. (Please note: ProgramData is a hidden folder and you may not be able to see it. Make sure the hidden files are visible on your computer, you can follow this link for the same: Show hidden files - Windows Help

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jul 05, 2016 Jul 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even this, marked as “Correct Answer,” didn’t work for us. Windows 7 x64, Windows and CC all fully updated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to re-think the "Correct Answer" status.  Didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2016 Sep 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running Windows 10 and the latest version of DC standard. I am using the license on my 2 computers. The "Correct answer" didn't seem to work for me.  I had to do the following while no programs were opened and I was connected to the internet the whole time (my gut just says this is an issue when you have a sign-in attempt that goes awry):

1) Uninstall DC standard

2) Shut down my computer

3) install the free trail of DC standard

4) click the "launch adobe" button after the install finished and signed in right then

Not the most elegant fix, but it works.  I never had this problem for a whole year until I had a awkward sign-in attempt (successful print to PDF then it asked me to sign-in).  In any event, I hope this works everyone else. 

PS to Adobe:  looking for a solution, uninstalling then reinstalling this program to fix this is licensing issues is a real kick in the pants when I am paying for 6 licenses. I mean...please don't be like those itunes guys and know about a problem and just not fix it...I beg of you.

anyway, Love: Matt   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2017 Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didnt work for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2018 Jan 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This fixed my issue 1/3/18

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2016 Jul 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't fix anything.... I sort of can't do my job without being able to publish PDFs.   We need a REAL FIX.  And NOW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2016 Oct 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After further review, this is happening in all Office apps when trying to print to PDF, however it only happens in Outlook when using "save as PDF".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a frustrating issue and it's been on the forum for over 2-1/2 years without being resolved by Adobe? Come on.

I'm signed in to Creative Cloud, and to Acrobat DC. I have tried to fix using the methods above, without successfully and permanently fixing this issue.

My Acrobat DC is an active license through my work.

I can open, edit, print, etc. using Acrobat DC. It is open and running while I am using other Windows 10 applications, like MS Office.

But within any application (Word, Excel, etc) **AND EVEN ADOBE APPS!** that I print to Adobe PDF (not export, but print) result in the following error every time:

"Your request could not be completed. Adobe Acrobat license has either expired of not been activated."

False. Wrong. Annoying. TIME WASTING.

Again, even if I'm using InDesign CS6, which is shown in my list of licensed applications in the CC app, when I do File > Print and try to send to Adobe PDF, I get this same error. It's maddening.

ADOBE: Get some software engineers on this ridiculous issue and get a proper, simple (not 20 steps and deleting .db files here and there, etc), and permanent solution developed. This long-standing, unnecessary, and unresolved issue reflects so poorly on your product and brand because it's something stupid we experience and see every.single.day.  It stops us in our tracks, prevents us completing tasks, and in my case I have spent time trying to find solutions online... only to see this problem pointed out YEARS AGO and yet I can't seem to locate a solution today.

If anyone at Adobe is listening and has a solution that this thread does not give, PLEASE let us all know. I would love to go back to "life before creative cloud app annoying error messages".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not working either here. This is obviously a MAJOR functionality that has just become unavailable. WTF!?!

Already wasted too much time and cannot wait for a fix, so switching to another product. Bye-bye Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I experienced the same problem but I could simply resolve this by stoppen the AccroTray (32bits) service within the Taskmanager and restart Adobe Acrobat DC

Kind regards, Bart den Dulk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2018 Mar 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All I did that worked was to go to Uninstall Programs and select Acrobat DC program.  Instead of remove or uninstall I chose the option to repair.

After the repair all was working 100% and I could save as pdf once more in Outlook

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines