• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC license subscription membership ...(?)

Engaged ,
Sep 16, 2022 Sep 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently using Acrobat Pro 2020 (Windows).
On my Surface Pro I installed Acrobat DC Reader. Obviously it is constantly pushing to buy Acrobat DC or DC Pro. It is on the edge of being irritated.
So far I never considered DC: my 'standalone' 2020 Pro is fine.
But.. that said, I started to check out the differences, between Acrobat DC Standard and 'my' version.
Also I wanted to know what the EULA is saying about the installs. For this one has to perform a Google search, as obviously there is no link to the EULA on the Acrobat pricing/features site.

Within the EULA there is an item "2.1.2.3 Subscription Edition and 2.1.3 Portable or Home Computer Use." and an item "2.2 Membership."
I have a PC, a laptop and a Microsoft Surface Pro 7+
Currently I can install the standalone version on PC and laptop, in line with 2.1.3 of the EULA.
I can not additonaly use it on my Microsoft Surface Pro and on my PC within a WIndows-VM (VMware).

Subscription/membership - on the DUTCH purchase site - there is a clause saying

(Freely translated) "Annual Membership; if you cancel within 14 days, you will receive a full refund."
The word 'membership' does not show up on the English site.
Also it might(!) indicate that EULA 2.2 Membership applies?

Anyway, with respect to purchasing the software, I am not sure about the differences between 'Subscription' and 'Membership' .

That aside, Acrobat DC - installs: are they also limited to 2 ?

In my case I would need to continue using the standalone version next to a DC version, if I want Acrobat on the 4 devices: PC, VM, Laptop and Surface Pro.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Install update and subscribe to Acrobat

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?