• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Pro unable to open pdf files stored in dropbox

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error mesage "There was an error opening this document. This file cannot be found."

Well it's there, I can see the preview and it opens just fine with all my apple devices (iphone &ipad).

Even exported file from my ipad and renamed but still same error when I tried to open on Mac.

Pretty disappointed in Adobe right now!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a company we must have 1000's of pdf files storred in dropbox.

Very unimpressed with Adobe right now...all of a sudden not being able to 'find' or open documents!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from Using the Community (forums) to Acrobat.]

For best results, download the file from DropBox to your local computer hard drive first.  Then it will open it in Acrobat.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe but, this is the message I received.

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “PFP Coverages .pdf” can’t be read or written.
(Error code -36)

So, as I said. for whatever reason my Adobe on my MAC can't open the files. This is a paid Acobat DC Pro subscription!

Of course all these files can be opened on my ipad (and other devices) but even when resaved Word cannot open

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Code -36 on Mac

https://www.slrlounge.com/error-code-36-on-a-mac-what-causes-it-and-how-to-fix-it/

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem with this proposed solution - nothing else requires a separate download in the folder. Other apps can just access the file and download if necessary. My files are useless at this time on my PC. I have to switch to my Mac laptop and open in Preview - which happens seamlessly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running into the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem as well, just upgraded my MacBook Pro, and now Acrobat DC cannot access my dropbox files through finder.  Very frustrating.  Would be interested in hearing if you have solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issues, PDF files stored locally on my Mac will open without an issue, but those in DropBox will not open with Acrobat DC, I can open them with Preview, then save them and THEN I can open them in Acrobat DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines