Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC recognize text function doesn't properly work anymore

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

We are using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC for its OCR functions but in last weeks its effectiveness reduced significantly. I believe latest updates are the responsible. Up to last week, when I click recognize text, Acrobat would not recognize all the texts on the blue stamp at the page 1. Only the last word on the stamp. But when I click recognize text for the second time on the same document it would give the results that I was initially aimed for. That was still troublesome for us because we need to use OCR too often and with that our work time was practically doubled.

But today this issue became worse as recognize text function didn't recognize the stamp's text at all. But when I tried with separate 1 page pdf (first page of the original document) It actually recognized the text but this time, rather poorly.

Could you please advise on this topic, do you have any tips for us? Our experience with Adobe is very inconsistent at this point. Could we go back to specific - stable version on Acrobat DC that known of?

Thanks in advance. 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF forms , Scan documents and OCR

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Esin,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

This seems to be weird behavior. Could you please confirm if it happens with particular PDFs?

Did you make any recent changes to the application? Share the Acrobat and OS version you are using.

Try to replicate the issue with other files. Create a sample file and save it locally. Check if the OCR feature works fine.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines