• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC: Reducing number of printed pages

New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (64 bit).

I have a pdf file that is 115 pages long. A great deal of the contents are footnotes at the bottom of each page. I would like to print the pdf file without any of the footnotes, hoping the printed output contains far fewer pages.

Is that possible? If so, how.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope, not possible. Think of a PDF as a printed page in your computer. If you have a 115-page printed document that you wanted to share but without the footnotes, you'd have to cut off the bottom of the page. That's easier than doing the same with a PDF using Reader.

Sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

I was hoping that the footnotes were stored separately, and rendered in their desired place only when the document was displayed or printed. In fact, I would have preferred to be able to hide the footnotes (or in my vision: keep the footnotes hidden) when I viewed the document in Acrobat. 

But it is what it is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do not know the full mechanics of how Word or InDesign actually work with footnotes but they are more likely to have any footnotes (or endnotes) held in some secret hideaway, only to be shown on the page in the right place. But by that time Acrobat, or the printed page, has this information securely placed on the page.

Good luck otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines