Acrobat DC - Request Signatures - Signer Name automatically retrieved but incorrect

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I am using Acrobat DC to request electonic signatures on documents.  Generally very successfully, but today ran into an issue where a signer name is being automatically retrieved from somewhere I can't control, based on the email address I enetered for a signer.  I have a different name for the person associated with this address, and wish to change it but am unable to see how to correct the name.  

Example:

Document is to be signed by "Jo Example" and I have an email address of jo.example@example.com, so I  add that email address as a Signer.   However, the Request Signatures tool in the phase of placing signature blocks, it identifies this signer as "Sam Example  jo.example@example.com"   I have no idea where the name Sam comes from, and would like to change it to "Jo Example" or let the signer specify it when signing.

What I'm using:

Installed Acrobat: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat DC\Acrobat\Acrobat.exe
Version: 22.2.20191.0
Creation Date: 2022/08/02

Suggestions  please and thank you?

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?