• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC rulers are covering the tops of pages on macOS

Explorer ,
Mar 27, 2024 Mar 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat DC is not previewing pages correctly... the top ruler is hiding the tops of all pages.
I am using single page mode.
I just updated to the latest version after not updating Acrobat for several months because of problems just like this that always seem to come up after updating.
I have repeated this behavior on another Mac Mini running macOS Ventura

Here is the Acrobat info...

Architecture: arm64

Processor: Apple M1 Max

Build: 24.1.20615.0

AGM: 7.1.4

CoolType: 9.1.0

JP2K: 4.0.2.54248

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , PDF , Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2024 Apr 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try again.

What is the version of the Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 24.01.206XX installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and see if that works.

Please try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://adobe.ly/3VJqwRE and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am on the most recent version of Acrobat DC.
This is not a new problem, I had the same issue months ago when i updated so i just went backwards and restored to a previous DC install.

Figured i would try again and the same problem is still present.

When the rulers are off the page previews as it should.
When rulers are on (which i prefer in my line of work) the ruler then hides the top of the page say about 1/8 of an inch.
In past DC versions the page would always get moved down as to not let the rulers hide the top of the pages.
That behavior has changed and the current behavior is just unacceptable really.
I will try to reset the preferences....Ill be back with an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 05, 2024 Apr 05, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. Once you reset the Acrobat preferences, please let us know how it goes.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC https://support.apple.com/en-in/102367 and try using the application there and see if that works.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2024 Apr 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences did not help and the root user did not help.
Other peolple have made note of this problem in this community.
This is not an issue with my system.
Having customers jump thru hoops to solve Adobe's problem with its own software is not the answer in this case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2024 Apr 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also see this community post...

Rulers Cover Top Bleed in New Version (Zoom to Page Level)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines