Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Standard printing problems

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Acrobat experts -

I just installed version 2022-001-20142 of Acrobat DC Standard in Windows 10 Pro 21H2. I need to print PDFs sent to me by others via email as attachments and I need to reduce or enlarge pages to fit the paper size I want. I'm printing to a Sharp MX-3071 directly over a network, no print server. Some pages need to be enlarged, some reduced. The most common paper size I need to fit is 12"x18". Some jobs have pages of different sizes in one document. I specify the range of different-sized pages in the printer control window, then go to properties, advanced, and specify the right paper size. I choose "fit" for the size.

Sometimes the job prints properly. Sometimes Acrobat returns a message "The document could not be printed." When I dismiss this message, a new message pops up "An error occurred while printing the document." The pages of the document are sent to the printer, but they're all blank. I haven't found a pattern for which jobs succeed and which fail, but failure is common and is making my work difficult.

Hopefully someone has seen this behavior and has a solution or suggestion. I've seen some other posts referencing these error messages, but they are older and don't pertain to my version, and the best answer was that the problem was fixed in a fall 2021 release. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thanks in advance -

James

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Have you checked the Event Viewer to see where errors might be recorded?

To generate these logs, please follow the steps listed below:

1. Open "Event Viewer" by clicking the "Start" button
  2. Click "Control Panel" > "System and Security" > "Administrative Tools", and then double-click "Event Viewer"
  3. Click to expand "Windows Logs" in the left pane, and then select "Application".
  4. Click the "Action" menu and select "Save All Events As".
  5. Name the file "eventviewer.evtx" and click the "Save" button.
  6. Click the "OK" button if you see a "Display Information" dialog.
  7. You're done! Please attach the file to your email or case with us so that we can assist further.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Eric -

Office is closed today, but I'll try this tomorrow and we'll see what we get.

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again Eric -

The log is set up as you suggested.  After it accumulates some entries tomorrow, I will send it along with comments about how the printing problems are showing up.

Thanks very much again -

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi again Eric -

Sorry about the delay, the user who was having the errors said he wasn't trying to print PDFs from Acrobat for a few days because he was working on other things.  Now he says he has had the problem a few more times, and I captured the log for you.  Please find attached.

Sorry, it looks like the forum doesn't like the .evtx file type.  Please let me know if you have a file type you would like me to convert it to and I will follow up.

Thanks very much again -

James

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines