• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC taking to long to open

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I double click on a PDF it takes a long time for Acrobat DC to launch. If I leave Acrobat DC running the PDF file will open in Acrobat DC almost immeadiately. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I've done some research but so far nothing currently listed addresses or fixes this particular problem.

Best Regards,

Phil C - Senior Trainer - Agfa Graphics North America

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. As you might have guessed this issue from over 2 years ago was never resolved. I spent a long time just dealing with the delayed opening but just leaving Acrobat running at all times. It didn't get resolved until I took it upon myself to upgrade to the 64 bit version. Creative Cloud refused to give me the 64 bit version and I had to upgrade manually. Since then Acrobat starts right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there 

We are sorry for the delay in response and thank you for sharing the dump file. 

We have shared the details with our engineering team to get this issue further investigated. 

We will share the update once we hear anything from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you pls. also share process monitor dump for the issue? It would help us further in investigating the issue. The process to collect procmon logs is as below:

1. Download Process Monitor from Windows Sysinternals page, extract and run it:
  2. Set the below filter in procmon
    • Process Name is Acrobat.exe
    •  

3. Do the required steps/workflow and save the logs in the end.
  4. Reproduce the issue without closing the utility;
  5. Click File ->Save in the main Process Monitor window and send to us.

Thanks,

Vinod

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Vinod, 

Do you think applying the latest updates that were released for May 2020 could address this issue?

I just noticed that Amal was announcing yesterday about the last planned update and just now I noticed that another optional update was released.

Looking at the time that this question was posted until now, the Client is missing the two updates (one planned, one optional) for the current month of May. 

I think that  aplying these updates can improve the slow startup.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/ReleaseNotesDC/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Crosby_pm

++ Adding to the discussion

Please update the application to the latest version 20.009.20065 and see if that makes any difference. Go to Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it goes

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crosby_pm_0-1591785074815.png

As you can see I am already running an newer version than what you posted and it is still taking a long time for Acrobat to open.

Regards,

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 04, 2022 Aug 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAving the same problems since 2 days. up until now all worked perfectly.

I work daily with pdf's. I cant wait 10 mins for the to load, then have the program crash regularly.

Downloaded foxit reader. works perfectly.

I think you gusy should find the problem and fix it in an update soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive, please download it to your computer locally and then try again and check.

Also, make sure you have the recent version 22.1.20169 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

You may also try to repair the installation from the help menu (Win Only) and check.

Also, try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAC and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, talk about a blast from the past. As you might have guessed this issue from over 2 years ago was never resolved. I spent a long time just dealing with the delayed opening but just leaving Acrobat running at all times. It didn't get resolved until I took it upon myself to upgrade to the 64 bit version. Creative Cloud refused to give me the 64 bit version and I had to upgrade manually. Since then Acrobat starts right up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for sharing that solution.

Seems like a conflict between 32bit vs 64bit dll's which is common when Acrobat Pro and Adobe Reader coexist together with the Creative Cloud desktop app.

They share a lot of identical system files and system folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines