• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Timing Out While Spawning Large Document

Explorer ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This one has me baffled. I have a document that has approximately 850 fields on an 11x17 sized sheet. I have code that will spwn this document (a template) to however many sheets I enter as the variable. When I used to run this on Acrobat X Pro, I had no issues (Windows). Now that I've made the jump to DC Pro on both a Windows and M1 Mac Studio, I have nothing but problems. I can spawn the document to 10 pages and it works fine. Problem is, I need 40 pages of all these fields spawning across all pages. The only thing I can think of it theres a timeout occuring in the program that I am unaware of. I've turned off autosave while spawning the documents, but that has no effect when I try to pull 40 pages out. I know the Javascript works, as I've been using it for years and as I stated, I can get it to spawn 10 pages, but not the 40 I was previously able to run when using Acrobat X Pro.

Any ideas? Can I modify the timeout length via a Javascript entry? Is there timeout codes in the plist (Mac) and maybe an .ini files in Windows 10? I'm not a programmer, so this one has me stymied and it's holding up some work production. Any help would be sincerely appreciated. I've also included a screen grab of a portion of the sheet, so you can see what I mean about having 800+ fileds on a single page.

Thanks in advance,

Randy

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , Create PDFs , General troubleshooting , How to , JavaScript , PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Do you have any calculations that run on the fields?  if so you could set the calculate property of the document as false to stop any calculations until you have finished spawning your pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies! I never received an email as to your response being here. The document already has its pages spawned, prior to any data being entered, so that is not an issue. The delay comes when i'm leaving field "P1.template.c.82" to "P2.template.c.00". Again, this only happens within Acrobat DC Pro (most recent), yet works fine in the older Acrobat X Pro. Very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Whoops! Just realized I answered the wrong question. The answer is no, there are zero calculations on the pages.

Thanks,

Randy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines