• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Title Bar disappears Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Acrobat DC in Windows 11 - the title bar just disappears - either randomly when starting or when the mouse hovers from content to title bar. ALT-SPACE allows me to switch between window modes which is a tedius workaround - no such problems ith Photoshop/Illustrator.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikeb

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described, Acrobat DC Title Bar disappears in Windows 11

Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the recent version 21.07.20099 installed. Go to Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once.

Also try to repair the installation from the help menu and see if that works.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I have similar issues for Acrobat Reader DC installed on windows 10 and 11.

I tried all the work arounds suggested above, but the problem persists. I have also uninstalled/rebooted/reinstalled Acrobat Reader DC, but the procedure did not change anything.

(version: 64bit / 2022.001.20117)

In some other threads, some say that this issue can be solved by fixing "hardcopy." I do not have that program installed so I don't think the problem is related to that in my case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem still exists with Version 2022.001.20142 64bit. I've lived in hope that updates will fix the defect but no luck so far 6 months down the track.

Haven't tried the 32bit variant (will do now) but really, just not cricket for such an established product.

Attached an image showing the defect- note on the right side that the toolbar is partially repainted and the title bar completely missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not sure if the 32bit version of Acrobat will bahave appropriately in 64bit Windows 11.

I am curious too.

But Microsoft claims that all 32bit programs that work with Windows 10 are supported in Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same proble, very very annoying.

marthed60789977_0-1690295590780.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2022 Mar 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I had the same issue with the title bar disappearing.  Contacted Adobe support by phone and they reinstalled Acrobat DC with a 32-bit version.

Works fine now.

Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that. The issue is reported to our engineering team and they are working on it for the fix.

We will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can we get Acrobat Pro DC 32bit to install on Windows 11? Can't see it available anywhere to download. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikeb

Hope you are doing well

You have a different issue than what we have in discussion on this community thread.

I would request you to please start a new conversation so that it will be visible to all the appropriate users so that they can help and suggest you better.

Also, please go through the correct answer marked in the similar discussion here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-pro-dc-32-bit/m-p/13039068#M368479 and see if that works.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Amal!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2022 Aug 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue.  Version 2022.002.20191 64-Bit.  The windows title bar disapears so I cammot move or resize the wndow and can only close it from the taskbar.  I've had this problem for over a year and have resorted to reloaded Acrobat Pro X (perpetial license) and Acrobat DC reader - both work perfectly well.  I thought it must be fixed by now, so I uninstalled the X & DC reader and installed a fresh version of DC.  Still have the problem and I'm still paying for the software every month.  I tried repairing etc. to no avail.  What can I do?  I'd be gratefull for any help - I haven't tried the 32bit version.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what my Acrobat DC looks like:

AndrewRobertsonAUS_0-1662096430721.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is the same as Andrew's. The problem first occured last month when I perchased a new computer. I was using windows 10 up until then and never had any trouble. I am running the new workstation (Lenovo P16) through a thunderbolt dock. My displays are 3 UHD screens. The window does exactly what Adnrew described and showed.

I have attached a screen shot here. Looking forward to hearing back on a fix for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Austin@Prairie 

This issue is already reported to our engineering team and they are working on it for the fix.

The fix will be available in the future update.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

I also have the same problem. Do you know when it will be fixed? Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same issue as everyone else here. Fresh Win11 install as of December 2022 and just re-installed Adobe Acrobat through Creative Cloud Desktop, and the problem persists. Where are your engineering team on resolving the issue as of today? The problem has been around for quite some time now, so you'd think the developers of the reader for the worlds most used document format would have fixed it by now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fridtjof27957032xsgh 

The issue 'Acrobat DC title bar disappears in Windows' is already reported and being worked upon.

We do not have a fixed time line for this, We we will share the update as soon as we get any news from the development team.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've removed the 64 bit version and installed the 32bit version.  This has improved things significantly, but I still get the problem ocasionally - at least it's now tollerable.  I now have a practical issue - I'm a broadcast engineer and I deal with large documents (e.g. 800 page manuals) and complex drawings.  I now need to activly manage the number of open documents or Acrobat 32bit slows to a snails pace ( I run a 64GB  i9(14 core) workstation - and now I still need to put up with paging).  I'm a very happy Lightroom / Photoshop user - they have none of these issues.  I don't understand why they don't apply the same skillset to their flagship product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amal,  I want to report a clue to Adobe about the title bar disappearing in Acrobat DC.  When I first received my new Dell computer with Windows 11 factory installed, Acrobat DC 64-bit version had the disappearing title bar issue after I installed it.  Due to problems with other apps, I had to reinstall Windows 11 and start fresh.  When I reinstalled Acrobat DC 64-bit version, I have not had any problems with the title bar and Acrobat DC works fine.  Hope this helps Adobe, Microsoft and Dell to find a solution.

John T.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 03, 2022 Oct 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on when a fix for this will be available, new PC running Windows 11 experiences exacltly the same issue......previous machine running Windows 11 is fine. Come on Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this issue and would like to know when an update will be released. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have a same problem using Adobe DC 202.003.20282 and Windows 11 Business 22H2 (22621.900)

Andrej

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here on Windows 10 and Adobe reader 2022.003.20282 64bit on a TB dock. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is only present on a laptop with Intel Xe graphics not on other laptops.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines