• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Title Bar disappears Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having issues with Acrobat DC in Windows 11 - the title bar just disappears - either randomly when starting or when the mouse hovers from content to title bar. ALT-SPACE allows me to switch between window modes which is a tedius workaround - no such problems ith Photoshop/Illustrator.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default3gabxhb0ywx3 

This issue is already reported to our development team and is being worked upon.

The fix will be available in future updates.

Thanks for your time and patience on this.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this critical user interface issue has been around this long and still not been fixed!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Preferences ==> Documents and disable " Allow documents to hide the menu bar, toolbars, and windows controls", would it make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it does not change anything.

I have Xe graphics in 12-Gen Intel, Windows 11 w/all updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2022 Dec 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I was experiencing the same issue. The title bar disappears randomly on mouse over the title bar. After some search I found that the comon point between other users was the "3D Connexion" mouse. Every time I disconect the mouse the problem seems to disappear.

Finally I think I´ve solved the problem by deactivating the option "Run in AppContainer" in Adobe Acrobat.

I dont´t know if that´s a permanent or the best solution but for now it seems to work.

Best Regards,

Rui Silva

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sharing that feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing... that sorted it for me as well.. and I do have the 3D Connexion mouse... so it seems they need to know about this. Disabling that option will make Acrobat less secure.

Thanks for sharing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2023 Jan 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, worked for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually.. this only worked for me temporarily... the issue is back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 07, 2023 Apr 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that I have the same problem, I have a 3Dconnexion CadMouse Wireless, and unchecking Edit -> Preferences... -> Security (Enhanced) -> Sandbox Protections -> Run in AppContainer does not fix the problem.  My workaround is to click the "Home" tab.

I can confirm that the problem is not isolated to Intel Xe Graphics as I have an Intel UHD Graphics 630 and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 10, 2023 Aug 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hero Rui!
While it has not fixed the problem for me entirely, from my expierience, frustation and reading all the comments in this discussion, I have no doubt the issue is a conflict with 3DConnexion hardware/drivers. I don't imagine the proportion of computer owners with 3DConnexion products is particularly large (compared to hardware/peripherials like graphics cards and external hard drives) so I think it's no coincidence so many of us owners have arrived here. This is one of the most frustraing issues I've experienced with computers and I've sufferd for a year or so, tolerating it and using workarounds (e.g. Alt-Space>Maximise) as suggested by others, but I use my spacemouse (enterprise) daily, so would never have disconnected it and noticed the behaviour disappearing. I finally decided to look up a solution today and arrived here; reading the discussion in order, I was as about to have a rant at the Adobe engineers for promising that adobe engineers were working on a fix- over a year ago. I imagine the problem is more in the 3DConnextion realm so the onus really lies with them.
Others have pointed out the solution for spacemouse owners in replies to this comment, but just to add my experience in case it helps others:
I'm running:

Windows 11 Home 64-bit, 21H2, 22000.2295, on a x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-7980XE CPU.

Adobe Acrobat Pro 64-bit, version 2023.003.20269.

Spacemouse Enterprise, Driver version 10.0.22000.653.

For me the bar disappearing was very predicatable in regularity: Unless the bar was clicked on before disappearing, guaranteed within 5 seconds of opening a pdf (or just the app) in Acrobat Pro, and then after using a workaround to restore, again every 5-20 seconds. For me it didn't seem dependent on mouse pointer interaction. I use three screens and the app usually opens on side monitor, and the behaviour would occur after opening the app without the mouse pointer moving onto that screen or any user input (mouse, spacemouse or keyboard), and the same a regular period after using a workaroud like ALT-SPACE.

Rui's solution worked very well for me. It has happened once for me since disabling "Run in AppContainer" even with regular interaction, but this was a few hours ago so we're talking a 99.9% reduction at least.

Took me a few minutes to find the "Run in AppContainer" setting until I saw sung.jim's kind direction, so if it speeds up the process for anyone else in this situation please see the attached image for speed, found in another Adobe community discussion.

Thanks again Rui and Sung Jim, lifesavers.

Regards,

Tom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update 2023 - indeed it seems the 3D Connexion device appears to manifest that defect in Acrobat. So, now we have a confident workaround, hopefully a solution from Adobe will be forthcoming - should be easy enough now to simulate / eliminate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, but have discovered that hitting the F9 and F8 keys repeatedly (maybe a half dozen times each) seems to clear it for the current sessions.  I can minimize, maximize, and restore down to my hearts content.  On restart the issue returns.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth: I'm using a 3Dconnection CadMouse Pro, but it's wired.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. Super annoying. Thanks for the F8/F9 tip, it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is now November 28, 2023 and I am having the same problem everyone else is complaining about; my title bar disappears. Just read through the replies, seems like we've be assured it would be resolved for at least 2 years now. 

I am making monthly payments to use this program and it has been a real problem everytime I do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This is a known issue and its under review by our engineering team.

We will share the update as soon as we get any info.

Thanks for your time and patience so far.

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2024 Jan 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You kidding ~Amal?

This topic was started in dec 2021 🤦‍:male_sign:

Diego34568909pt8s_0-1704283930580.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines