• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat DC Won't Print on Mac, All Other Applications Print (The Same PDFs)

Community Expert ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been a problem for me for years, with multiple versions of Acrobat, with several versions of MacOS and OS X, and with three different USB-connected printers. Here's the problem, old school T-SPAM-style.

Specifics:

• Acrobat DC Continuous Release 2018.011.20058 (happens on multiple versions of Acrobat, including Acrobat Pro X and XI, all Creative Cloud-installed versions)
  • MacOS 10.12.6
  • Canon TS6020 (and other previous models in Canon Pixma line)
  • PDFs are various PDFs in different PDF levels created from various sources including:
    • within Acrobat itself (scans, forms, Create PDF From File);
    • InDesign CC (every version, just trust me on that);
    • Illustrator CC (most versions, just trust me on that);
    • Microsoft Word (365, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007);
    • and PDF Creator Pilot (4.3, more versions).

Problem Description:

When printing PDFs from Acrobat DC on MacOS the print job gets stuck in the print queue and never actually prints. Printing the same PDFs from Preview, Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, and other applications DOES work as expected. Only Acrobat seems to have a problem.

Analysis:

Steps to repeat:

1. Open PDF in Acrobat DC.
  2. Choose File > Print
  3. Select Canon TS6000 Series printer
  4. Click Print

Actual Result: PDF sits in printer queue indefinitely while displaying message "Printing - Looking for printer".

Expected Result: PDF will print.

The same PDFs CAN be printed by MacOS Preview without any delay in queue.

The same PDFs CAN be printed by multiple web browsers without any delay in queue.

Acrobat CAN scan from the same multifunction printer.

Help?

TOPICS
Print and prepress

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2018 Sep 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the problems described above, I can add that "Printing as Image" does not solve the problem, nor does restarting the computer, nor does quitting and restarting the application.  As stated by Pariah Burke, this is an Adobe issue.  I am using a MacBook Pro 2016, OS 10.13.6, and a HP Color LaserJet MFP M477fdw via wireless connection.  All printing works fine except PDF files from Adobe Acrobat. I'm using Acrobat Pro DC, Continuous Release, Build: 18.11.20058.296032.  And yes, if I open the same file in Preview, I can print without any delays.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 10, 2020 Jun 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and Adobe support has offered no solution. Has anyone been able to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2021 May 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Safari, WORD, etc printing fine. AA Reader DC just hangs. MacOS Big Sur. Time to fix this Adobe!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 09, 2021 Dec 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same here!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines