• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Acrobat Digital Sign not working

Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used Acrobat 2020 for a while to digitally sign (Windows Digital ID from a citizen card) pdf documents.
This afternoon when attempting to digitally sign PDF documents the window opens up with my selected Digital ID but selecting the sign button does nothing. Please note that I digitally signed several documents in the morning.
I tried unsuccessfully the same approach in a different PC with the same configuration.
I am using Acrobat Pro version 2020.001.30025 on Windows 10. I suspect this behaviour is due to a Win 10 update occurred in the morning.
In despair I used a 3rd PC with an old Acrobat version (XI) and no problem occurred with my Digital sign!

TOPICS
PDF forms , Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Eugénio Ferreira

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described you are unable to digitally sign the PDF file after the Windows 10 update.

As you have the latest version of Acrobat Pro 2020, please try to repair Acrobat installation from the help menu and reboot the computer once and check. Go to Help > Repair Installation.

If it still doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and see if that helps.

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately, the issue remains after following your steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

A new version of Adobe Acrobat 2020 (20.004.30005) is now available. Please try to update the application to this new version and reboot the computer once after updating the application and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2021 Jun 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated. But not solved...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Please try to reboot the computer once and check. If it doesn't work, please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described earlier.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks but the issue remains the same!

Please note that this issue still occurs in a 2nd computer.

Regards,

Eugenio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2022 Jun 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue: I tried on multiple computers, latest version of Acrobat. The Sign button doesn't do anything.

It was working a few weeks ago

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As the issue still occurs, please remove the application using the Acrobat cleaner tool https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html reboot the computer and reinstall the application using the link https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

Also try to sign the documents via document cloud https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/home/  and see if that helps.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines